39 ~ Jealous Charades

"Oh, hell no! I never agreed to this!" Alexa's voice boomed through the rest of the hallway. "Listen bitch, you think you can barge in here and tell me I'm gonna be breathing the same air as you... No fucking thanks, I'd rather suffocate."

"Would you rather me sleep with Gavin in our cozy, romantic, hotel suite?" Zailey asked.

"Y-You and Gavin?" Alexa stuttered.

    "They put us in the same room. So, you choose. Put up with me, or I room with Gavin."

    Gavin scratched his head, "Zai, what's going o-"

    "Oh, please. Everyone knows you're just using him. What did you do to get him to agree to your little dance thing? Sleep with him?"

    Zailey clenched her fist, ready to swing at her when Gavin held her arm.

    "Let go, Gavin, I need to fuck this bitch up, right now-"

    "Zai," He held onto her.

    She released herself from his grasp and ran down the hallways. Hiding in the stairways, she took a deep breath and massaged her head. Gavin put her luggage back into the suite before running back out to look for her.

He ran through the halls of each floor before going back into the suite. Once he got there, he heard a phone ringing from one of Zailey's hand-carry bags. Checking the number, he recognized that the area code was from Australia and figured it was Connor.

"Connor..." Gavin answered her phone.

"Gavin?" Connor asked from the other line. "Why are you answering Zailey's phone?"

"She's..." He sighed. "She's missing... I've been looking for her for a while."

"What?! What happened?"

"She got in a bit of a fight and ran off."

"Where are you guys right now?"

"Uh... The Mitre Hotel."

"Hold on a bit," He searched up the hotel on his phone and looked through places she might have gone. "There are restaurants there. If she's going anywhere, it would be to a place with food."

Keeping Connor on the phone, he ran through the hotel's eating places, "She's not here."

Connor thought hard before coming up with an idea, "Gavin, get out of there."

"What?"

"Check a local convenience store. Look everywhere... Go to the ice cream aisle first."

"Are you kidding? It's like 60 degrees right now."

"Just trust me."

Gavin asked the receptionist for any nearby convenience stores and found out there was one a couple minutes away. It was a fifteen minute walk, though he got there after six minutes of sprinting. He made his way to the ice cream aisle, and redialled Connor's number.

"She isn't here," he said, trying to catch his breath.

"Are you sure she didn't say anything before she left?" Connor asked.

    Gavin tuned out the voice coming from his phone, as he spotted Zailey on a sidewalk ledge next to the store, downing a carton of ice cream.

    "Hey, international calls are really expensive. I'll call you when I find her," Gavin lied and hung up the phone.

    "Wait! Gavin, don't hang up yet," Connor tried to get out before the line cut off. "Did you-"

    Zailey carelessly sat out on the steps of the convenience store eating her ice cream, as the customers tried to avoid stepping on her.