30 ~ Read my Lips

Zailey entered Mr. Presa's class monday morning, eyes glued to a sheet of paper, as she almost bumped into the closed door. 

Luckily, Connor spotted her early enough to turn the knob and push the door open. She walked in, eyes still glued to the sheet of paper, and bumped into the teacher's podium.

Startled awake from his 'I-don't-care-that-it's-morning-you-children-make-me-tired' morning nap, Mr. Presa jumped from his seat, "Zai, watch where you're going!"

"Oh... Sorry," she responded, still reading off the paper as she made her way to her seat.

"Halt!" Mr. Presa yelled. "You know, you've been sitting back there for way too long. I can't keep a close eye on you."

Zailey looked up, "Trust me, Mr. Presa, that isn't the reason why you can't keep an eye on me... Or the rest of the class."

"Well, I need to make sure you're not goofing around back there." Mr. Presa waved his hands in front of his face. "I can't have you failing that AP test."

Zailey and Connor chuckled, shaking as they tried to hold their laughter.

Soon, the rest of the class arrived, but before they took their seats, Mr. Presa stopped them.

"Alright, everyone. I decided to switch some seats around," Mr. Presa said as the students grunted.

"But... It's almost the end of the year!" A student shouted.

"Which is why I'm doing it. Exams are coming up and I need my class in order," he responded, eyes landing on Zailey.

With that said, he pointed to each of the seats and called out a student's name to sit on the appointed seat. Everyone listened with anxiety, as he called out the names. He started from the back row and made his way to the front row, as only five students were left standing.

Connor looked at Zailey, realizing how much of a hindrance she would be to his focus in class. He was distracted enough when she sat in the back of the class. How would he possibly remain sane spending an hour touching elbows with the most beautiful girl he knew?

"Jessica... Damion... Ericka... Connor..."

Zailey bit her lip, knowing her name was going to be called next, when suddenly, the teacher was interrupted by a girl sitting in the second row.

"Mr. Presa, is it okay if I sit in that spot? I can't really see from here," the girl said.

"Dang, your vision's that bad?" Zailey commented.

"Just give me that seat," The girl begged. "Please, Mr. Presa,"

"Alright, fine. Jasmine, you can sit there. Ms. Tsang, I'm sure second row is close enough to the front, right?" Mr. Presa said.

"Y-Yeah." Zailey said before taking a seat in the second row.

Jasmine took a seat next to Connor, her eyes remaining on him as she settled down. The rest of the girls in the class glared at Jasmine, seeing through her act.

Connor cleared his throat, "Uh, Mr. Presa... I know Arthur wanted to have a front seat, too." He said, fully aware of Arthur's crush on Jasmine.

"Arthur, did you want a front seat, too?" Mr. Presa asked.

Arthur looked at Jasmine, "Yes. It's always been a dream of mine to sit right there, where Connor's sitting."

"Take it then, anything to make your dream come true," Connor said, getting up and presenting the chair.

"Sure, why not. Why don't you all switch on your own will," Mr. Presa said, causing a few students to get up from their seats. "If anyone dares to move their seat I will give you all two readings tonight! Sit your asses down!"