56 ~ Yard Sale

A month had passed since the Reverie launch, and things were starting to smooth over. The company worked relentlessly on the branding of each collection thereafter, and it was a matter of time before the controversy blew out completely. The atmosphere throughout the company was much lighter, especially since the two leads of the project had been getting along.

"No, no, no... That's not what I meant at all!" Zailey crossed her arms and frowned.

"You do realize it would cost us half a million, right?" Connor argued.

"Oh please, half a million is like the cost of a Big Mac to you. Plus, I guarantee we're gonna get 110% in returns and  it helps the children from the orphanage I was talking about!"

Connor sighed, "Alright, I'll consider it."

"Yes!" she raised her arms triumphantly. "I can't wait to tell the kids we can sponsor a fashion show for them."

He shook his head and chuckled.

"So... Are we finally done now?" He asked.

"Yep. Meeting adjourned," she said smugly, strutting out the door. "See you at your house!"

"Wait!" He rushed to the door. "Do you need a ride?"

She was quiet for a few seconds before nodding her head, "Okay."

***

"Everything's priced," Zailey set the box she was carrying on the table. "Anything else?"

"Uh, there are still some toys in the shed," Connor pointed to the shed a couple feet away. "Do you mind organizing them, too?"

"How is it that we're out of the office and you still manage to be my boss?" She crossed her arms.

"It may seem that way, but I've always been at your beck and call."

She tried to hide the smile forming at the edges of her lips.

"Oh! Clara look at this," A girl with an unusually high pitched voice yelled while rummaging through one of the boxes. "How much for this-"

The girl froze once she laid eyes on Connor, suddenly clearing her throat and throwing her hair back.

"That would be $5," Connor said, as soon as he identified the item.

"Oh come on, can't we knock it down to "$1?" She leaned forward with both hands on the table as she pouted.

Zailey rolled her eyes, Oh God, please take her out of my sight or I'll shove her terrible flirting skills up her ass.

"How about $3," Zailey walked up to them.

As soon as the girl saw her, she dropped what she was holding and screamed. "Oh. My. God. Y-You're Zai Tsang! Oh my- You're my ultimate girl crush!"

Nevermind. I like this girl, Zailey smiled.

"Hi... What's your name?" She asked courteously.

"I'm Anna!" She exclaimed before going in for a hug. "I can't believe it's actually you! I thought I'd never get to see you ever on TV since your break with Gavin. But here you are... In the flesh!"

Connor looked around and realized that the noise stirred quite a bit of attention, of which murmurs of the name "Zai Tsang" could be heard. Before they knew it, the crowd on the Davis' front yard was swarming with people and the whole family had to run out to help out with sales. Zailey had been kept preoccupied by a growing line of people ecstatic to get the chance to meet her. After a couple hours, Janine insisted that Zailey take a break while she made a sign for the people in line to inform them she would be right back.