11 ~ Bus Talks

Pst, wanna see some magic? All you gotta do is press that white star on the bottom left of your screen and poof! Gold star!

The next morning the Tsang and Davis family all met in the kitchen for breakfast at around 5:30 am. Zailey heated the hangover soup they made for Janine the night before, while Connor took out bowls and spoons everyone else. 

"Eat fast, Macy... Then get dressed. We're leaving soon," Zailey said before taking a bag of cereal out of the box.

"Okay," Macy said.

"You too, Andrew," Connor said.

Connor glanced over at Andrew who did not respond. Andrew's eyes remained directed towards Zailey, smittenly ogling her every move. He watched her pour cereal into her bowl, quickly grabbing the milk carton she was about to reach for.

"Let me pour your milk for you," Andrew said with a grin.

"Aw, thank you, you're such a gentleman," Zailey said patting the top of his head.

Connor narrowed his eyes, glaring at Andrew.

"Why don't you pour your own milk, gentleboy," Connor teased.

After a quick breakfast, the kids went off to get ready, leaving Lilia and Ron in the kitchen. Janine walked in, still half asleep, rubbing her head from the hangover.

"Good morning, Mrs. Davis," Lilia greeted her.

It took Janine a couple seconds to come back to her senses, "Oh, hello. I'm sorry about that... I'm sure I left such a bad impression last night.

"Everyone has their moments," Lilia said taking the bowl of soup from the pot. "Zailey and Connor made you soup last night. It'll help with your hangover."

"Zailey... She's your daughter, right? Are those two..."

"Yeah, she's my daughter. And as for their relationship... Who knows, I don't even think they know what they are," Lilia laughed.

"Well, she's a great girl. I've been wanting to thank her for helping me last night. And not to mention this soup," Janine blew her spoon to cool the soup and tasted it.

"I'm glad she has Connor now, too. He's the good influence Zailey's been needing. That girl's been through too much for her age."

"If you don't mind me asking... What exactly happened?"

"Uh, long story short, we had to sell everything to pay our debt... Even the bakery that happens to be my job. And now that both me and my husband are unemployed. It's been hard trying to support the family."

"That's terrible... What are your plans as of right now?"

"Ron is looking into more companies to apply to, but his chances are really small," Lilia said, "Same with me... I'd take any job."

"Well if it helps, I'll ask my boss if he's willing to take you two in," Janine put her hand on Lilia's shoulder. "It pays really little but it might help start you off."

"Really?! Thank you so much! Where do you work?"

***

At school, Zailey met with her friends at the agricultural area, telling them all about their situation. They all agreed to let Zailey and her family to stay in the condo they used for parties.

"Thanks Jacque," Zailey said.

"Sure, Zai, anything for my main bitch," Jacque rested her arm on Zailey's shoulder.