Chapter Ten: Exodus

I woke up in a sleeping Bellamy's arms, I tried to get out of his arms but his arms just tighten around him. I looked over and saw that he was pretending to be asleep.
       "Bellamy,"    
       No answer.
      "Bellamy," I tried again.
      This time, I see the corners of his mouth turn up.     
     "I know you're not asleep," I said.     
      He lets out a chuckle and opens his eyes.     
     "Am too,"
     "Bell,"
     "Good morning princess," He said leaning up and kissing me.      "Good morning to you. Can you maybe let me go?" I asked.
      "Nope," He said holding me even more tightly.      
      "Bellamy. You are half in charge. You need to get up," I laughed.       
      "Ughhh," He groans and let's go me.       
        I walked outside and see people gathered around the monitor that Raven set up, so we could see The Ark. I walked over there and Bellamy was close behind me.
      "My friends, this is our unity day. Every year, we mark the moment our ancestors of all twelve stations to form The Ark but this is the last time we do so while aboard her. Next year, on the ground. In the next forty-eight hours, we will be sending the exodus ship down," Jaha said.       "Right, after we did all the work," Miller said. 
     "Shut up Miller. You don't have to watch it,"  
    "Guys, since today marks a special occasion. You guys can take it easy," Clarke said.
     Bellamy nodded in agreement.      "So does that mean, you're free today?" I asked Bellamy.  
   "Even if I didn't, you'd still be right by my side. Why what do you have in mind?" Bellamy asked pulling me closer.  
     I stood up on my tippy toes and kissed him.
    "I think I like this idea," He said.  
   "Oh do you?" I asked.  
   He chuckles and placed his hands on either side of my face and kissed me.  
    "Are you dating my brother?" Octavia asked.
     "Doesn't it look like it?" Bellamy asked.  
   "Don't get snappy at me. Don't hurt her Bell. This one is a good one," She said.
     "I wouldn't dream of it," He replied.  
     "Whoo! Monty strikes again," Jasper comes running out a tent with a barrel of I'm guessing alcohol.  
      "We will call this the unity batch,"  
   ---     
Bellamy's POV    

     It's been a good unity day. It's now nighttime and I have no idea where McKinley is.
      "The comms are still dead. They cut out during the pageant," Clarke said coming up to me.
       "Best unity day ever," I said chuckling.
      "Do you think now is a good time to have a party? I mean the grounder is out there?"
      "Grounders. By now, he's made it home. Probably gathering up a lynch mob. Relax, I got security covered go get a drink,"  
      "I think I could use more than one,"
     "Go do it then. In two days, your mother will be down. After that, the party's over. You deserve it,"
      "You're right! Where's your girlfriend?"
      "Currently, I have no idea," I said. She laughed.  
     "Go find her," She said walking away I do as that, I was walking past my tent when someone pulled me into my tent. When I got in the tent, I saw that it was McKinley. She walked up to me and kissed me passionately. She wrapped her arms around my neck as I placed my hands on her hips. I gently pushed her back and on to the bed.  
     "You sure?" I asked.
     She pulled my shirt off as an answer.  
   ----     
     After laying next to a sleeping McKinley, I got up, put my clothes back on and walked out.  Right as soon as I got out, Clarke came right to me.  
     "Hey, I need to talk to you," Clarke said.  
   "Having fun, your highness?" I asked starting to walk.
    "I'm serious. Where's McKinley?"
     I smiled at the thought of her.        "You always are, so talk, and she's currently sleeping," I said stopping.
    "Good, she'll distract you,"
     "Distracted me?"
     "Finn set up a meeting with The grounders. I'm leaving to go talk to them,"  
      "Because you think impaling people is code for 'let's be friends'? Have you lost your damn mind?"
      "It might be worth a shot. We have to live with these people,"        "They'll probably kill you, string you up as a warning,"
     "That's why I'm here. I need you to follow us. Be our backup,"        "Finn know?" "Finn doesn't need to know and Bellamy, bring guns,"
       I go back into my tent and I look at McKinley whose wearing my t-shirt. I walked over there and kissed her forever.
       "I'll be right back," I whispered and then I get my gear. I walked outside and stopped Monty.  
    "Monty, when McKinley wakes up. Please tell her I had to go do something and I'll be back later?"        ----
      Jasper, Raven and I all got there right as soon as Clarke started to walk up to the grounder and it was daylight. We couldn't hear what they were talking about but whatever Clarke was saying it was pissing her off.
      "Grounder highness looks pissed,"
      "Our highness has that effect,"
      "Oh no, no, no," Jasper said looking through the scope.
       "What the hell are you talking about?" I asked.      
       "There are grounders in the trees," He said.
      "What?" Raven asked.
       "Where?" I questioned.  
       "In the trees,"  
      "They're gonna shoot. Clarke run!" Jasper yelled as he fired.    
      I saw the grounder take out a knife when Clarke was looking and I pointed my gun and shot her in the shoulder. Finn ran over there and helped Clarke get out of there. We didn't say anything, all we did was run until we were outside the gate. By that time it was night. Finn was just glaring at me.
        "You got something to say?" I asked.
       "I told you we couldn't trust the grounders, I was right," Clarke boomed.
      "And why the hell didn't you tell me what you were up to?" Raven asked.
      "I tried, you were too busy working on your guns,"
     "You're lucky she brought," I said getting pissed.
       "They came there to kill you, Finn," I added.
       "You didn't know that! Jasper fired the first shot,"
       "You ruined everything," Octavia said running into camp        "I saved your life. You're welcome," Jasper said going into the camp.
    "Well if we aren't at war, now we are. You didn't have to trust the grounders. You just had to trust me," Finn said walking to camp.
        "McKinley is gonna kill me,"          "Why?"
         "I was gone for almost a full day and I didn't tell Monty what I was doing. Best unity day ever,"         "Bellamy!" McKinley yelled.           "Right on cue," I said turning around. She came and shoved me.
       "What the hell? You just decide to leave without telling me?" She said hitting my chest.
      "And then I hear from Jasper, you guys got attacked? You could've died and I wouldn't have known," She said eventually stop hitting me and cried into my chest.
       I just held her there and then I looked up at the sky and Clarke followed my glare.
     "The exodus ship? Your mom's early," I said.
      I felt McKinley turn her head.
       "Wait. Too fast. No parachute? Something's wrong?" She said as it hit the ground and exploded.