Chapter Thirty-Four: The kiss

I knocked on Lexa bedroom door.
"Come in," She said.
I opened the door and walked in and saw that she was pacing.
"Pick someone else," I said.
"There is no one else. They challenged me to this cause they think I'm weak. I'm not choosing someone else because it's my duty to protect my people,"
"My people aren't your people, are they?"
"Yes Clarke, they are," She said bowing to me.
"When I win, I want you to become the thirteenth clan,"
"What do I have to do?"
"You have to bow before me in front of all the ambassadors and one person from your clan has to bear the symbol of the coalition,"
"Why do they think you're weak?" I asked helping her up.
"My feelings for you Clarke," She said stepping closer to me.
She kissed me once before we left to go to Mount Weather but I couldn't allow myself to think about my feelings at that moment but my people are safe. In a twisted way, I have feelings for Lexa. She risking her head to protect my people. She betrayed me at Mount Weather, yes but she's making up for it now.
I stepped closer and eliminated the space between mine and her lips. The kiss felt real and way better than Finn's. This kiss felt right and that Lexa was the one. The longer the kids got the more intense it got. When we first broke away, we were breathing hard.
"I see you share the same feelings," She said.
I smiled.
"I guess,"
"I need to get ready for the fight with Roan,"
Speaking of Roan and Azegeda, what happened to McKinley for her to act this way especially towards her father? Bellamy would be distraught seeing her like this and would do anything to help her.
"Bellamy," I said.
Lexa looked at me weird.
"What if McKinley talks to Bellamy?"
"I don't know. They did a number on her," She said.
"It worth a try," I said walking out of her room.
I walked to the elevator and rode it all the way down and walked outside and saw Kane was sitting in a chair with his head in his hand. I walked up to him and placed my hand on his shoulder. He jumps.
"Sorry," I said.
He looks at me and he's been crying.
"It's not your fault. I just can't believe they turned my sweet little girl into a cold-hearted killer,"
"Have you tried talking to her alone? Or will they not let you?"
"I tried but she herself said she didn't want to talk to me," He said.
"Have you tried to contract Bellamy?"
"No, if she doesn't want to talk to me, then what makes you think she'll talk to him?"
"No offense sir, but Bellamy is important to her. She bonded with Bellamy after he saved her life. If anyone can make her talk it's him. Let me see the radio,"
He pulls the radio out of his pocket and hands it to me.
I push down the button.
"Ark station, this is Clarke. Calling Ark station,"
I let go of the button.
"How did it go?" Harper's voice came through.
"It went alright. Where's Bellamy?"
"Went on a supply run, he should be-they're back," She said letting go of the button.
It takes only a few seconds for him to radio back.
"Clarke," His voice came through.
"Bell, I have good news but bad news,"
"Okay, about?"
I didn't answer.
"It's about McKinley?"
"Yes,"
"Tell me,"
"Good news, she's alive,"
"That's great. What's the bad news?"
"How fast can you get here?"
---------
Bellamy's POV:
It took me two or three hours to get to Polis. As soon as Clarke asked me how fast I could get here, I took off. I parked the rover where they other one was and emptied all my weapons and walked the rest of the way to Polis. When I got to the entrance, I noticed the outside was a market. There were shops selling food. Others were weapons and jewelry. It's was kinda cool.
"No, my queen. As far as I know,"
That voice hit me like a bag of bricks. I looked over in the direction of where it came from. That's when I saw her. McKinley. I started to walk up with her but I noticed she was surrounded by a bunch of grounders wearing white face paint. I also noticed she had a belt with three or four knives. I looked back up at her face and I could see faint scars. Her once emotion filled eyes are now emotionless.
"Should I go help, Roan?"
Even her voice sounds different.
"No, I need you here. My guards will do whatever it takes to protect me but killing doesn't come easy for them unlike you, "
"Yes, my queen,"

"Bellamy, there you are," I heard Clarke say.
"That's the bad news,"
I looked over at Clarke.
"Yeah. That's not the worst part. Come on," She said.
I followed her and saw Kane was sitting in a chair and he had been crying.
"Whose is that woman and why is she calling her 'my queen'?"
"Nia, queen of Ice Nation and McKinley swore loyalty to them," Kane said.
"That's not the worse part. Bellamy, McKinley isn't who she was. They did something to her to where she takes pleasure in killing," Clarke said.
"That's not true. McKinley wouldn't,"
"She does now. She killed Taylor Stephenson and a grounder named Echo. She didn't even show emotion when Kane was hit, " Clarke said.
"She won't talk to me," He said.
"You think she'll talk to me?"
"If not, we'll have to kidnap her and hold her until she talks to us," She said.
"How am I suppose to talk to her? It sounded like the queen wants her by her side at all times,"
"Roan, the queen's son has to challenge Lexa to a fight to the death. While that is happening, you need to find her and pull her to the side and try to get her to talk to you,"
"Wait? Fight to the death? If Lexa loses does that mean?"
"Ice Nation will be in control but McKinley made them swear that they won't attack us,"
------
The fight was about to happen and I couldn't find the queen nor could I find McKinley. I saw some people walking to the area and one of them was the queen. I looked around her and saw that McKinley was nowhere around her.
"She on the top floor. Nia didn't want her to be down here," I heard someone say.
----
I finally made it to the top floor, I stepped out of the elevator and saw McKinley walking to a room. I cautiously made my way to the room. I looked and saw that she was alone. I opened the door which made a creak and McKinley reached into her pocket and threw a dagger at me which missed and hit the door behind me.
"I was wondering when they would tell you I'm here," She said coldly walking up to the door and pulling out the dagger.
When she did that, her sleeve rolled down and I saw a long scar. I grabbed her arm and rolled down her sleeve more and I saw the really long one and a bunch of small ones. Before I even knew, she was behind me with the dagger at my throat.
"Don't touch me," She hissed.
"McKinley, why are you doing this?"
"Doing what? Fighting for myself?" She asked taking the dragger off my throat and pushing me away.
"Killing,"
"Like you haven't done it before,"
This wasn't McKinley at all.
"But I didn't take pleasure in it and you use to never kill unless it was needed,"
"Things have changed. I have changed," She said.
"Please, what did they do to you?" I asked walking up to her.
I reached up to touch her face but hesitated. I went ahead and pushed a hair stain behind her ear and for a moment I saw love in her eyes but that was only a flash because she pushed me back.
"Don't make me hurt you, Bellamy. Leave," She said turning away from me.
"I'm sorry for this,
I hit her in the back of the head knocking her out.