Chapter Forty-One: I'm sorry

"And you except me to believe you?" Lexa asked me.
        "Yes, I know I'm not the most trust worthy person at the moment but please you have to believe me. You know I wouldn't be telling you this if it wasn't true. Yes, I swore loyalty to Azgeda but Skaikru is my heart and I would never want them to get hurt,"
        "Commander, she's telling the truth. Azegeda was spotted marching on Arkadia. They are a day away,"
        "Garther the army and get to Arkadia as soon as possible,"
        "Yes, Heda,"
        "Let's go save your people,"
        -----
        "I know what you told Bellamy, but what happened? Why were you so loyal to them?" Lexa asked.
        We were half way to Arkadia on horse back. I pulled my hood from my jacket to cover my face more. My face hurt like hell and even more so when the wind was beating on it.
        "It wasn't as much as loyal to them. Like I said before, I will always be loyal to Skaikru but when I was capture by Azgeda, I was surround by killing and ruthlessness and I had to adapted to it. Thats why I don't credit them fully for my rage. I always had a feeling that Roan was gonna go back on his word so I had to become loyal so I could keep Skaikru safe,"
         "If you had that feeling, why not tell someone? Why did you go back to him?"
         "I thought I could trust him. I thought my life depend on him. Its like he had some type of spell on me. I thought that if I didn't come back he would kill everyone in Skaikru. The spell wasn't broken until I heard his plans,"
         "I don't fully understand it but I hope that they forgive you,"
         We were less than a mile away when three Azgeda soldiers were guarding our way. I hoped down off the horse and slapped it to get it to run away.
           "Go! Get to Arkadia. Warn them. I'll hold them off," I said as I made a blow with my sword.
           "We always knew you weren't loyal,"
           "No, I guess I wasn't," I said.
          -----
       "Open the gate, it's McKinley Kane," I heard one of the guards say.
       I started walking up to the gate and I saw Bellamy walking up to me.
       "Bellamy-" I said but was cut off when something hit me.
        I looked down at my stomach and a little piece of an arrow pointing out. I fell into Bellamy and he fell to the ground with me.
        "Bellamy, I need to tell you something,"
        "Lexa told us, save your breath,"
        I shook my head.
        "I'm sorry," was all the last thing I said before I lost consciousness.
        Bellamy's POV:
        I picked McKinley up and rushed to Med bay. I quickly walked in there and Abby and Kane immediately started questioning me.
        "What happened?" Kane asked.
        "The camp gates just opened, and I was walking up to her and someone shot an arrow and it hit her,"
         "Okay, set her on the bed on her side, we need to get the arrow out. Jackson, go get Lincoln, we need to know if the blade is poisoned," Abby said.
        I walked over to the bed and laid an limp McKinley on the cot.
       "Do you think she'll wake up when you are extracting it?" I asked looking at McKinley.
       "I dont know," She said.
       As I finally got a look at McKinley, I could see fresh bruises on her face.
       "Kane, I need bandages for when we pull this out," She said.
       "She has fresh brusies," I said.
       "That could be from them sparing. Bellamy," Kane said handing the bandages to Abby.
       That's true. From what I saw at Polis, they are vicious when they spare. My eyes landed on her ankles and saw that they were a deep red. I pulled her pants leg up and saw that it was wrapped around her ankle.
        "That look like it's from sparing?"
        "No, that looks like it was from being locked in chains," Abby said.
        "Here we go," She said gripping the arrow.
        I walked back to the head of the bed and watched Abby start to pull the arrow out.
       "Ahhh!" I heard McKinley scream.
       Abby stopped.
       "Just get it out of me," McKinley said.
       Abby nodded and grab the arrow and pulled it all the way out while McKinley was screaming.
      "Thanks Doc," She said before passing back out.
      "Let me see," Lincoln said coming in.
      Abby handed him the arrow and he put it to his mouth and taste the blade. Within seconds he spit it out.
     "It's not poisoned," He said.
     Abby nodded and quickly dressed the wound. She felt McKinley's forehead.
     "No fever,"
     She puts her ear close to McKinley's mouth.
      "Shallow breathing,"
      "Is that good or bad?" Kane asked.
      "It means she just might be out of the woods but I have to keep an eye on her until she wakes up," She said.
       "I thought Azgeda was a day away?" Clarke asked coming in with Lexa.
       "They must have sent scouts first. McKinley fought off three of them already," Lexa said.
        "Why didn't she tell us then?" Jackson asked.
        "She told me she didn't know what was happening until right before she came to me. She still warned us,"
         "Did she say anything about being locked up again?" I asked.
         "No, she didn't,"
         "You guys need to go and figure out the best plan to attack Azgeda," Abby said.
         Clarke, Lincoln, Lexa and Kane all walked out but I stayed and looked at McKinley.
         "You too, she'll be okay. I will come get you when she wakes up," Abby said placing her hand on my shoulder.
         I leaned down and gave her forehead a kiss.
         "Please wake up, I love you," I whispered into her ear.
         I walked out of the med bay and Octavia comes up to me.
        "Lincoln told me what happen, are you okay? Is Kin okay?"
        "I honestly dont know how to answer that and as far as I know she's okay for now," She said.
       "I'm ready to kick those Azgeda assholes," She said.
       I looked at my sister and she was like McKinley. Both got tired of feeling useless and powerless so they took a stand but in McKinley's case, she was forced.
      "Same here O," I said.
      I walked into the council room and saw Clarke, Lexa, Kane, Lincoln and twelve more people.
      "Bellamy, these are the other war chiefs from the other clans," Lexa said.
      "Not to be rude, but we can save the introductions until later. Ice Nation is coming straight for us. Cause of them, one of the girls I love more than anything has been beating almost to death, chained up, killed innocent people, and shot her with an arrow. So what is the plan?" I demanded.
        "We were thinking....."