Chapter Thirty: Every three hours.

I walked to where Emerson was at.
"Uh-uh." The guard tried to tell me.
"Don't. Get dressed. You're coming with me," I told Emerson.
We walked outside and to the front gate with a few grounders but mom and Kane stopped us.
"Clarke, what are you doing?" Kane asked.
"Clarke, stop," Mom said.
"No. I'm letting the prisoner go,"
"Absolutely not,"
"He hasn't told us anything yet," Kane said.
Kane and McKinley are so different. She probably takes after her mom.
"He doesn't have to. He's gonna tell them something," I said
"Get the prisoner back to the airlock. Now,"
"Yes, ma'am," The guards tried to take him but the grounders unsheathe their swords
"You may be the Chancellor, but I'm in charge,"
"Indra, tell your people to stand down before this gets out of hand,"
"No,"
"People could get hurt," Mom said.
"Not if you get out of my way. You need to trust that I know what's right for us," I said.
"The Grounders trust Clarke. Maybe we should, too,"
"Stand down," Mom said to the guards.
Finally.
"Open the gate. Now. Can you hear me all right? Because I need to make sure you get this,"
"Loud and clear," He said.
"I have a message for your leader. We're coming for him. You're watching us, but you haven't seen a thing. The Grounder army is bigger than you think, and even if you could find it, your acid fog can't hurt them, and now, thanks to you... neither can the Reapers. So you have one last chance. Let our people go, and we'll let you live. It's just that simple,"
"I got it."
"It's an eight-hour walk back to Mount Weather. You're gonna do it in six," I said emptying his oxygen tank.
"Six hours? That's not enough. How am I supposed to deliver your message?"
"That's your problem. Now go."
"Hold on. You want to explain to me how this helps my brother?"Octavia asked coming up to me.
"I just told him we have a secret army to worry about. The more they're looking at us, the less they're looking at him. Bellamy is the key to everything, Octavia. If he dies, we die." I said.
---
"Has he checked in yet?" I asked.
"No. You worried someone's gonna try and take a shot at you inside the Ark?" She said looking at the grounder.
"Wait outside, Ryder. Lexa's orders."
"Whatever, Clarke."
"He's late. What if something's happened to him?"
"He'll be fine."
"You've been busy. Why are you focusing on the dam? I told you acid fog was our priority."
"Until Bellamy gets eyes on their dispersal system, there's only so much I can do."
"Fine. Tell me about the dam. Can we cut off their power?"
"Maybe. I'm still playing with a few things."
"How many of these have you made?"
"Only two so far, but--"
"Two? That's not enough. There will be Reapers everywhere."
"High-frequency tone generators don't grow on trees, Clarke. Wick is scrounging for parts."
"Raven, I am about to leave for Tondc, where Lexa and the heads of all twelve Grounder clans are waiting for me to tell them we're a go, only we're not a go because they still have acid fog, and we only have two-tone generators."
I sighed.
"Hey. We'll be ready. We will."
"Ark Station, do you read me? Anybody there?" Bellamy, on radio
"Bellamy, you're late. Every three hours means every three hours."
"Are you through?"
"Have you found the source of the acid fog?"
"No. That's gonna have to wait."
"What? No. Nothing is more important than that."
"Our friends are. They've started taking them from the dorm one at a time every few hours."
"Taking them where?"
"I don't know. We tried to follow them, but they went to a classified level. Maya borrowed the schematics of the vent system from her boss, and I'm still trying to find a way in."
"Anything?" I asked Maya.
"I think I found a path, but it's gonna be tight. Here's the walkie Raven asked for and the earbud," Maya said.
"We're going to make him mobile so he can talk to us from anywhere," Raven said.
"Bellamy, you have to find them," I said.
""We're going to make him mobile so he can talk to us from anywhere,""We're going to make him mobile so he can talk to us from anywhere,"That's the plan."
"If you don't, all of this is for nothing."
"Yeah."
"I'll be right back," I said to Raven.
I walked into the council room and saw Kane sitting at the table.
"I thought you were going to Tondc?"
"Plans have changed. I'm staying here."
"The commander's expecting you."
"Our people inside Mount Weather are in trouble. I'm not going anywhere until I know they're okay."
"And what can you do for them from here?"
"You'll go to Tondc in my place. Lexa respects you. I'll get there soon as I can."
"Clarke, wait," Kane walking towards me.
Ryder takes out his knife.
"Put it away."
"Clarke, being a good leader means knowing which battles to fight."
"And which to delegate. I know. Please, I need you to go to Tondc."
"Fine. I'll go."
"Thank you."
"What is it?" Mom asked walking in.
"Kane will explain."
"Perhaps your mother should go. She is still the chancellor after all."
"Which is why she's needed here."
"Heavy lies the crown."
---
It's been an hour since we talked to Bellamy but he is in the air vents looking for the lab.
"How's McKinley? She still mad?"
Raven and I both looked at each other.
"No, she's not and she's fine," I said.
"Now take the tunnel and the lab should be there,"
"That's a lot of he-"
We heard some type of sound.
"Nevermind,"
"Is that a drill?" Raven asked.
"Bone marrow extraction," I said.
When they were done drilling when heard them and they were giving someone a transplant.
"You have no idea how long I've waited for breathe fresh air,"
I immediately knew that voice.
"That's Emerson,"
He told them all about that we have a secret army that they have no idea where it is.
"I heard there is a war council tonight in TonDc and all the leaders are gonna be there," Cage said.
"Sir, I feel good. Let me take a team out and support Whitman,"
"No. He has less chance of being spotted if he's alone."
"Sir, Whitman's good, but he can't take out that many targets alone,"
"Which is why we're gonna use a missile. This time, we're not gonna miss," He said and then he heard a door shut.
"Please tell me you heard all that."
"We heard it."
"We have to warn them."
"Did Kane take a radio?"
"No. This is the only unjammed frequency. We have to keep it open for Bellamy," Raven said.
"If I leave now, I can make it there in time," I said.
"In time to be blown up, you mean," Raven said.
"When I get back, I want to know our friends are safe and the acid fog is down. Can you handle that?"
"Yeah, we can handle it. Go,"
"Clarke, wait. Octavia and McKinley were in Tondc when I left. Are-- are they, um..." Bellamy asked.
"They're here. They're safe,"
"Okay. Good. Be safe, too."
"I will."
"Octavia's in Tondc for the meeting nor is McKinley. Why'd you lie?"
"Bellamy can't be distracted. It helps no one," I said starting to leave
"Hey. Don't get blown up," She said.