Chapter Twenty-Three: Guardian

"Is my father in there?" I asked a guard.
       He nodded.
       It's been a day since they locked Bellamy up for protecting me. Every time, I would catch my father, he was always too busy to talk but this time I wasn't having it.
       "You can't go in there," He said.
       "Watch me," I said placing my thumb on the scanner.
      Any of the members of the council has a scanner on the door that they program to only let them in but my father programmed it to let me in.       
       When the door opened, I walked in and so did the guard.
      "I'm sorry sir," He said.
      He just waved him away. The guard nod and walked out, the door shutting behind him. I looked around the room and it looked the same as the last time I saw it.
       I was sitting in dad's office after the airlock incident waiting for him to come and throw me in confinement but whatever he was doing was taking forever and being in here just makes me sad but also so angry. Sad because most of my childhood was sitting right next to dad watching him do work, and he always gave in to me when I asked if we could play a game. It took a few tries but eventually, he caved saying that it could wait. Angry because it also reminds me of all the arguments we got into cause I dated a guy who wasn't what my father wanted, and how I need to be with someone in the upper class and how I needed to be a model Ark citizens. All the times he told me I was a disappointment in being an Ark model.
       "Tell me what did you do it," He said coming in.
        "Someone apparently didn't like what you were doing and was planning on killing you. They saw me and I stayed away from the part of the station for a few weeks and I came down, and they took off after me chased me down to the airlock and tried to push me into it. Someone, I don't know how helped me,"
       "Why'd you go back down there? To get more of your fix?"
      "I wasn't a druggie, dad. More like I stole your shit and sold it,"
I could see that made me angry, but he kept calm.
      "Why would you do that? You had enough ration points,"
     "The points weren't for me. The points were for the kids in the care center, the kids, your council killed their parents. The council who will kill anyone that found out any secrets," I said.
       "What secrets?"
      "You tell me,"
     "Who was the person who helped you?"
     "I don't know, that person must have snitched me out,"
    "He didn't. There was camera working at that time,"
    "It's time, sir," A guard came in.
He nodded.
     "So even though it was out of self-defense you're still gonna put me in confinement?"
     "If it just that, no. But considering you just told me you stole my things to use the rations to another people? That's against the law,"
     "Whatever," I said placing my hands behind my back as the cuffed me.
      "If mom was still alive, this would definitely have killed her,"

     I looked around the room and saw Abby standing there. But she was kinda dizzy. I took a step back, and she came over to me.
     "Are you okay?" She asked.
     "Yeah, I'm fine,"
     "Let me see it,"
     I lifted my shirt up and the scar was significantly better.
     "The redness and swollen is down so that good,"
     "Can I have a moment alone with my father?"
     "Of course," She said squeezing my arm and going outside.
     "Where did that scar come from?"
     "The guy Bellamy attacked," I said.
    "So is this," I said showing him my arm.
     "Why did the guy attack you?"
     "Do you not catch his name? Stephenson?"
     "Lance's son,"
     "I was on the top-level of the dropship getting supplies and Taylor comes up and attacks me. Almost kills me. If it wasn't for Bellamy, I would be dead. Just like with Murphy,"
     "Why did Murphy want you dead?"
      "He didn't,"
      He looked at me.
       I hesitated to tell him.
      "He thought if he had me, hostage, Bellamy would do what he wanted him to do what he wanted,"
      "Why would he think that?"     
      "Because it was true. Bellamy-I'm- We're dating," I said. His mouth opens but then shuts it as he is processing it.
     "I see. So he was just protecting you," He said.
       He was surprisingly calm.
      "You're taking this very well. I mean it's very different from how you reacted to me dating Heath,"
      "That's cause this is different,"
      "How?"
     "Do you still not know who was the person who helped you when you were attacked on the ark?"
      "No, why?"
     "McKinley, it was Bellamy," I don't know what how to respond to that.
      "How'd you know that? I thought you saw the camera was too dark to see it?"
     "I had Sinclair see if he could bring the lightening up more and when he did, we saw who it was but at that time I didn't know his name. But until he shot the chancellor,"
     "So Bellamy saved my life three times,"
     "It seems like he's your guardian,"
     "Are you gonna release him?"
     "I'll try but it's up to Abby," He said.
--
      It was a few hours after the talk with my father and my head is still going in circles. Bellamy was the guy who saved my life back on the ark and the guy who saved my life twice on Earth. I heard a knock on my door, so I rolled off my bed and placed my thumb on the scanner and it was Bellamy. I jumped into Bellamy's arms and wrapped my legs around his waist and kissed him hard and passionate.
       "It was only a day," He said when I stopped kissing him.
      "You are my guardian,"
      He looked at me quizzically.
     "I was the girl who you helped back on the Ark. The girl who was being shoved into the airlock,"
      Bellamy's face went from quizzical to shocked then he smiled.
      "Yeah, I know. How'd you find out?"
     "My father. Why didn't you tell me? You allowed me to think you turned me in,"
     "Would you believe me I told you, I didn't turn you in?"
     "I don't know,"
     "I guess I saved your life three times now. Think you owe me something, don't you think?" I smiled and placed my lips on his and placed my hand on his neck as Bellamy walked back into my room and shutting the door behind him. He laid on top of me and with one swift movement he takes his shirt off and mine.