Chapter Twenty-Five: She didn't do it

McKinley's POV:
"Where's Clarke?" Abby asked as soon as I got to my father.
I didn't answer, I just looked to the commander's tent.
"What is she doing?" Abby asked trying to leave.
"Abby, we have to let her try," Kane said pulling her back.
"Look, ma'am. Her and Bellamy have been in charge and took care of us if anyone can find a better way it's Clarke," I said.
I looked up just in time to see Clarke walking up to The Commander. I looked over and saw Bellamy was looking at me and he gave me a weak smile.
"What she doing?" I heard someone ask.
I looked up and saw she was running over to Finn and kisses him.
"She's saying goodbye," I said.
"What do you mean Kin?" Dad asked.
I just shook my head and leaned into him. He wrapped his arms around me as Clarke walked away from Finn. We see Finn's head dropped.
He was dead.
"No. No. No. No. NOOOO!" Raven screamed.
That just made me hug my father even tighter and buried my face in his chest. Dad just held me there.
"We need to go," I heard Abby say.
"McKinley," Dad said.
I nodded and let go.

Clarke's POV
I was standing there desperately trying to clean my hands of Finn's blood. I heard someone I walk in and I saw that it was mom and Kane.
"They would've tortured him I had to. I-I had to. I had to. What did I do?"
Mom walked up to me and just holds my hands.
Lexa's guard comes in announcing that the commander is ready to talk. The commander and Indra walked in.
"Blood has answered blood. Some of my side say that's not enough they wanted to murderer to suffer as out traditioned demands. But they do not know that your suffering will be worse. What you did tonight will haunt you until the end of your days. Still, there will be restitution, the body will be given to Tondc murderer and murdered joined by fire. Only then can we have peace."
"No. No. This is enough. He should be buried with his own-"
"Enough? We were owed eighteen deaths. We seek the justice kill for my village," Indra said.
"You don't seek justice. You seek vengeance," Mom said.
"You have not seen my vengeance," Indra said.
"We'll do it. But when it's over we talk about how to get our people out of Mount Weather. All of our people," I said.
"We want the same things, Clarke," Lexa said.
"Good, when do we leave?"
"Now. Choose your attendance,"
"Clarke, you don't have to do this," Mom said.
"Yes I do, if this truce doesn't hold, I killed Finn for nothing," I said walking out and back to where Finn's body was.
I spotted Raven next to his body and Bellamy and McKinley a little further away.
"Raven hates you," She said.
"Yeah, well if I didn't kill him, He would be tortured for eighteen people," I said walking to Bellamy and Raven.
"Raven,"
"Go away,"
"I'm sorry,"
"I said go away,"
"I know how hard this must be for you but I'm leaving with the Grounders and I need you to work on the radio," I said.
Two grounders started to pick Finn up and Raven started freaking out.
"What are you doing? Leave him alone?"
"We need to take-"
"Like hell you do,"
"Raven, we have to take him to the place where the massacre happened. There's some ritual. It's the only way to get our people out of Mount Weather," I said.
"I'm coming with and don't worry. I'll bring your damn radio," She said.
****
McKinley's POV:
Us and the grounders were walking or riding horses Tondc, the place where Finn killed all those people. I was walking a little bit behind Clarke and Bellamy with my dad.
"Hey, are you okay?" Bellamy asked Clarke.
"I'm alright,"
"You did the right thing,"
"Now, I get to live with it. You still think this truce is a bad idea, don't you?"
"I think we are wasting time on politics when our friends are trapped inside Mount Weather,"
"We need their army to get to Mount Weather, Bellamy and you know it," Clarke said
"Their army has been getting their ass kicked by Mount Weather forever. What we need is an inside man. Someone to be our eyes and ears,"
"Forget it, it's too dangerous,"
"Clarke if you can make it out, I can make it in,"
"I said no,"
"Since I don't take orders from you, I'm gonna need a better reason,"
"I can't lose you too. Okay?"
I step up next to Bellamy at that point.
"No way are you going into Mount Weather. I agree with Clarke," I said.
"See even your girlfriend agrees,"
Bellamy looked at me and then back at Clarke.
We were ten miles from TonDc and we were setting up camp for the night. Clarke was laying on the grounders side. I was next to Bellamy.
"Clarke, it's safer for you to be on our side," Bellamy said.
"There is no more sides. We have to show them we trust them," Clarke said going to sleep.
----
"Open the gates," A grounder yelled.
"Weapons," Gustus, Lexa's protector said.
"We need to disarm before we go in," Lincoln said putting his down.
Kane, Clarke, and Bellamy lay their weapons down while Raven stands in front of Gustus while taking her weapons one by one.
"Commander, all clear," Gustus said.
"Commander, welcome back! Why have you brought them here? Death to Sky People! Murderers go home!" The grounders said while surrounding us.
Bellamy grabbed me and pushed me closer to him.
"Sky People took everything from me my wife, my child,"
"Step aside," Gustus said.
"Murderers are not welcome here,"
Lexa looks at Gustus and nods. Gustus goes and attacks the man, knocks him down and proceeds to beat him.
"Commander, please stop. They'll blame us for this as well," Clarke said.
"Let him live. Sky people march with us, anyone who tries to stop that will pay with their lives," Lexa said.
"Warm welcome," Bellamy said.
----
The funeral ritual was beginning as we laid Finn and the victims on the pyre.
"People of Tondc. In fire, we cleanse the pain of the past," Lexa said.
Lexa is handed a torch to conduct the ritual.
"Clarke," Lexa said handing her the torch.
Clarke takes the torch. She lowers it towards the pyre and it burns.
"Yu gonplei ste odon," She said.
"I lost someone special to me too. Her name was Costia. She was captured by the Ice Nation who's Queen believed she knew my secrets because she was mine. They tortured her, killed her, cut off her head," Lexa said.
I listened to them, holding Bellamy's hand while listening to Lexa and Clarke.
"You're okay," Bellamy whisperer.
"I'm sorry," Clarke said.
"I thought I'd never get over the pain but I did.
"How?" Clarke asked.
"By recognizing it for what it is. Weakness,"
"What is? Love?"
Lexa nods.
"So you just stopped caring about everyone?"
Lexa nods once more.
"I could never do that,"
"Then you put the people you care about in danger and the pain will never go away. The dead are gone, Clarke, the living are hungry,"
----
Us and the Tree People are gathered in a dining hall.
"Please accept this gift, Commander. We drink this at special occasions I believe this qualifies," Dad said.
He hands her a bottle of liquor. Gustus takes it.
"So, your daughter is a strong one," Lexa said.
Dad looked at me.
"She is,"
"Thank you, Marcus of the sky people," Lexa said.
"You're welcome, Lexa kom trikru. Just uh don't drink too much of it.
"Clarke, let us drink together," Lexa said.
"It would be my pleasure," Gustus hands Lexa two goblets each which she fills.
She hands one to Clarke.
"Heda, allow me," Gustus said as he takes a sip from the goblet.
"Today, we celebrate out peace, tomorrow we plan our war. To those we've lost, to those, we shall soon find,"
Gustus collapses, poisoned by the liquor.
"Clarke," Bellamy said knocking the cup out of her hand as the grounders pushed the table to us. He pushed both me and Clarke behind him.
"Take him out,"
"This wasn't us! You have to know this wasn't us!"
"Don't let him die!
"Everybody out! Search them" Indra said.
"NO! No, we didn't do this.
"Gustus warned me about you but I didn't believe him,"
"Lexa, please-" Clarke pleaded.
"Tell me something Clarke, when you plunged the knife into the heart of the boy you loved did you not wish that it was mine"
"Heda," A grounder said pulling something out of Raven's jacket.
"That's not mine,"
"I'm telling you it's not mine! He put it there when he searched me!"
"No Sky Person leaves this room!" Lexa said as she leaves.
"Do something?" Octavia said.
"Indra wait! Let me speak for them!
"You are them," She said leaving.
"Raven, did you do this?" I asked.
She looked at me angrily.
"The only murderer here is Clarke," She growled.
"We need to figure out what happened," Dad said.
"But how?" I asked.
"Leave me alone. You gave me no choice, why did you turn yourself in?" Clarke said.
"Hey," Abby said.
"Listen to me Clarke, I know how you feel. But the pain will never go away but Lexa's wrong you won't be haunted by this forever. The pain will fade. What got me through was loving you. She touches Clarke's cheek but she pulls away.
"What is it?"
"You're talking about dad? What I did to Finn was nothing like what you did to him!"
"Don't do this now Clarke!"
"I was protecting everyone. I didn't have a choice you did!"
"No!"
"You turned him in!"
"I trusted Thelonious to talk to your father and convince him not to go public!"
"You knew dad would never stop! You knew what would happen to him!"
"I was protecting everyone too! I was protecting you!
Clarke stands up and begins to walk away.
"Clarke, please!"
"We aren't the same,"
Bellamy steps over to me.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
"Yeah, I'm fine," I said.
He kisses my forehead.
"Lexa needs this alliance just as much as we do. She's shown herself to be flexible, she listens to you"
"She thinks we tried to kill her,"
"We know we didn't. So let's figure out who did. Who would want her dead?"
"Too many to count. Forming the alliance was a risk. Especially with what Finn did at this village,"
"So it had to be someone trying to break the alliance,"
A guard comes in.
"How's Gustus?"
"Gustus is ok,"
"Take her away," Indra said.
"Wait. Wait what are you doing?" Lincoln asked
"She didn't poison anyone,"
Bellamy asked walking to up to her.
I grabbed his hand and made him stop.
"I argued for all of you to die, but the Commander is merciful. She wants only one" Indra said.
"She's innocent," Lincoln said.
"I don't care! They move, they bleed!" Indra said.
"Hey stop, let her go!" Octavia yelled.
"The rest of you are free, when she is dead so is the alliance. You should run," Indra said.
We all ran outside to see that Raven was tied to a post, the death was by one thousand cuts ritual is to be performed. Bellamy pulls me into his chest.
"I take no joy in this, Raven, but this time justice will be done," Lexa said.
"I didn't do it. How is that justice?"
"We have to do something," Bellamy said.
"Wait," Dad said.
"Lincoln talk to them!" Octavia said.
Lexa makes the first cut on Raven's arm. Indra makes another cut on her stomach.
Talk to them! These are your people!" She said again
"Not anymore," He said.
"You are no longer safe here my friend. I will make sure you get away then you'll be on your own," Nyko said hugging Lincoln.
"Wait! I need the bottle," Clarke said walking up to us.
"We didn't do this and I can prove it," Clarke said.