Chapter Forty: Promise

McKinley's POV:
-A month later-
       "This is the traitor you asked for your highness,"
       We were back in Azgeda and this past week, we were having problems with a traitor, spies, and thieves. A guard brings in a man who was a little younger than the King but he wasn't as strong. His face already was already covered in bruises and blood, his hands were bound together. I was standing next to the King while he was sitting on his throne with my hand on my sword.
        "What crimes did he commit, adviser?" I asked.
        "Thievery,"
        "What is it, that he stole?" I asked.
         "The Crown," He said holding up the crown.
        I looked at Roan and looked at crown he was wearing.
        "This what is this?" King Roan asked taking the crown off.
         "Merely a fake, if I may?" He asked.
         Roan nodded.
        The advisor walked up the steps to Roan and took the crown that was Roan had.
        "Your grandfather made this crown. He also engraved it with a symbol,"
        "What symbol is that?"
        "The Azgeda symbol,"
        The advisor held up the crown to Roan and I could see the symbol on that one but the one Roan made didn't.
         I walked down the steps to this man
        "To steal this, you had to break into the King's room, which means. Everyone out beside the thief," I said.
         Everyone bows and leaves, when everyone leaves, it was just the thief, the King and me. Roan got up and walked beside me.
        "What are you thinking?"
        "The crown is either in your room or on your head or guarded. So how did he get his hands on it?"
         "You better watch it, girl,"
         "And you better respect her. She is my royal warrior and you should be afraid of her. I even can't control her rage. You see this?" Roan said pulling his shirt down so he could see the scar I caused.
         "I pissed her off and she cut me with her sword,"
         "I'm very aware of that and still not scared,"
         "How'd you get it?"
         He doesn't answer.
         I took Roan's small dagger from his belt and stabbed it deep into this guy's shoulder and yanked it out and threw it to the side. He screamed out in pain.
        "Tell us or there will be more," I said.
         He just smirked.
         "Advisor, get in here!" I yelled.
         "Yes, McKinley?" He asked coming in.
         "Do you know if he has any family?" I asked.
         "I'm not sure, I can check if you want,"
         I see his face twist.
         "Get it on it,"
         "As you command," He said leaving.
         "I suggest you tell us, or your family will see McKinley's rage. Let me tell you it won't be nice," Roan said.
         "You wouldn't,"
         "Want to try me?" I asked.
         "I'm not afraid of death, are you?"
         "Fine, it was Lionel," He said.
         "Lionel?"
         "Yes,"
          "Why?"
          "He said you are unworthy of the crown cause you have a Sky person as your warrior. I happened to agree,"
           "McKinley?"
           "Yes, my King?"
           "Kill him and when you find Lionel kill him," He said leaving.
           "Yes, sir,"
           "You should know your king is planning on breaking coalition and Skaikru is first in the list,"
            "You know this how?"
            "I overheard it,"
            I rolled my eyes and took out my sword and slit his throat. I bent down and cleaned my sword with his shirt. I stood back up and walked out of the room and saw Linus. I put my sword back in its holder and walked up to him.
          "Where's Lionel?"
          "Probably getting drunk," he said.
          I nodded and walked out of the capital and into the tavern and I saw him sitting at one and the tables and once he sees me, he gets up and tries to escape.
          "Hold him down," I ordered.
          The other guards grabbed him and held him in place. I pull my sword back out and placed the pointy part on Lionel's neck. He tries to say something but I pushed the point into his neck a little.
          "Don't even try to lie, you trying to run from me, tells me everything I need to know,"
          "Kill me then,"
          "What did he do?" Someone asked.
          "Stole the crown from the King,"
          Some drunk idiot pushes me which causes the sword to go deeper into his neck causing his death.
          "Immmm sorrryy,"
          I roll my eyes and pull out my sword.
          "Let this be known, any thievery directly against the King will result in death," I said walking out.
         ---
         I started to walk to the war room where Roan was but I heard talking so I stopped and listened in.
        "Why now?"
        "The coalition will never hold. It's a matter of time before it does. We need to attack before that happens," Roan said.
        "So Skaikru is first? What about the promise to McKinley?"
        Roan laughed at this.
        "That promise never meant anything. We only said that cause she's a total badass," Roan said.
        Everything I did from Azgeda. All the killings, all the innocent killings, all the beatings I took, all the arrangements I made, were for nothing. I broke Bellamy and my father's heart for nothing. I started to step back but when I turned around, I hit someone. It was the advisor from earlier.
       "Now you know," He said grabbing my sword and tossing it to the side.
       Before I could get it, he grabbed my arm and dragged me into the room.
       "Your Highness, we have an audience,"
       Roan turns and looks at me.
       "Let her go," He said.
       "But,"
       "I said let her go,"
       He drops my arm.
       "Leave us. Do not argue,"
       They hesitated but do as they were told.
       "Everything I did for you, was for nothing? I only swore loyalty to you so Skaikru would be protected and your planning on taking them down?"
        "McKinley, you are safe and anyone who agrees to let me rule them are safe,"
        "You think they will let you rule them? That's funny. I'm leaving,"
        I turned to leave.
        "No, you're not,"
        "And you're gonna stop me?"
       He walks over to the rack of sword and throws me one.
       "If you win, I will let you warn them,"
        "Let's go then,"
        He goes to hit me but I block it.
        The fight lasted a lot longer than I thought it would. Roan took one last swing and knocked the sword out of my hand and knocked me on the ground.
        "Now you're my prisoner and you'll spend the rest of your days knowing that you could've stopped an attack that kills your people," He said knocking me out.
        ---
        "McKinley, wake up!" I heard someone say.
        I opened my eyes and saw that was in the dungeon. My entire body was completely in pain. I looked up and saw a girl standing in front of me.
        "Who are you?"
        "Not important, what important is that you go get Lexa and the army. Roan and his army are marching on Arkadia right now," She said breaking the chains off me.
         "Why are you helping me?"
         "Once again, not important. Just go,"
         "What about the guards?"
         "I knocked the two that were guarding you out. I'm pretty sure if you are caught, you can handle it," She said handing me my sword.
          She walked in front of me to the dungeon door and we walked up the stairs. She looked around and saw no one.
         "Coast is clear," She said walking off.
         I grabbed her arm and stopped her.
         "Thank you,"