6

"Like this?", Hoseok asked.

"Yes.", Jin answered shortly.

Hoseok sighed. Jin had expressed he needed to bathe the pups so being the only other Omega, he volunteered to help. So far, Jin hasn't said much to him.

"What is this one's name?" He gestured towards the little pup he was currently pouring river water on.

"Baekhyun."

Hoseok nodded. "And his name?"

"Sehun."

Baekhyun made a noise of discomfort. Hoseok panicked and pulled him up out of the water. Jin shot him an angry look.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what happened."

"The water's too cold.", Jin said and picked Sehun back up. "Let's go back."

The two Omegas started walking back towards camp, each carrying a pup.

"Yoongi and Namjoon should be back by now.", Hoseok attempted to start a conversation.

"Probably." Was all he got in response.

The silence was awkward. He was still wondering why Jin didn't talk to him.

The river was quite a ways from the camp so he was dreading the long walk. Yoongi hadn't exactly gone easy on him last night. He was beginning to really feel it.

"Can we stop for a little bit?"

Jin led them to a huge tree with lots of shade. They sat under the trees and let the pups run around, not letting them out of their sight.

Hoseok sat right next to Jin and the latter didn't bother moving.

"Why don't you like me?", Hoseok asked.

Jin looked at the ground. "I don't not like you."

"Really?", Hoseok asked. "I just assumed because you never really talk to me."

"I just liked being the only Omega, okay?"

"So, you didn't want me to join the pack?"

"Not really, but I guess you're not all that bad. Since Yoongi claimed you, I don't really have a problem with you anymore."

"What would Yoongi claiming me have to do with anything?"

Jin heavily sighed. "I felt threatened. You're beautiful Hoseok. I was afraid that Namjoon would like you more than me. I don't want to be abandoned.",  he choked out.

Hoseok could tell Jin was about to cry. He really didn't want that to happen. He didn't know if Jin would want to be comforted by him either.

"Hey, don't cry. I don't really know Namjoon but he seems like a nice Alpha. I don't think he would leave you for anyone."

Of course Jin bursted out into tears anyway. He couldn't help himself. Hoseok wrapped his arms around him and held him close. The pups stopped playing and bounced over to their mother. They whimpered and cuddled as close as they could to him.

"You know Namjoon is probably going to smell your distress."

"Good.", Jin managed to say.

***

"Jin! Are you okay? Where are you?", Namjoon's. voice bellowed throughout the woods.

Jin stiffened. Hoseok Just kept rubbing his head against Jin's.

Namjoon came running into the little clearing they were in.

"Omega? What happened?"

"Alpha.", Jin lifted his head and opened his arms for him. Alphas weren't the type for cuddling but when it came to Omegas, they felt the need to comfort.

Namjoon came over to them and wrapped both Omegas into his arms.

After a short period of silence, Jin's shaky voice spoke up. "Alpha, will you ever leave me?"

Namjoon was shocked to hear that. Jin has never expressed anything like this before. It worried him.

"I will never leave you. I love you so much. I never want to hear you doubt me ever again."

Jin stayed quiet.

Hoseok began to feel awkward. Was he intruding? He didn't like the thought of him ruining anything. Sure, he was glad he was finally out of that horrible pack but was being an outsider in someone else's pack better?