9

Jungkook and Jimin were relaxing outside by the fire pit. Taehyung was just outside the camp playing with Sehun and Baekhyun. He was in charge of babysitting the pups today since it was only getting closer to Namjoon's rut.

Yoongi made his way over to the two Alphas. "Get up, you slackers. I need your advice for something."

Jungkook and Jimin looked at each other and reluctantly sat up.

"Am I hearing this right? Yoongi wants advice from us?", Jungkook sarcastically pointed out.

Yoongi rolled his eyes. "Don't flatter yourself. Now listen to me. This is serious."

The young Alphas seemed interested now.

"Well, what is it?", Jimin asked, a little more sweetly.

Yoongi didn't want to sit down in fear of not wanting to get up, so he opted to stay standing as he delivered the news.

"Hoseok told me he was pregnant."

Jimin smiled up at him. "Congratulations."

Yoongi shook his head. "I'm just conflicted. I don't know if the pups will be mine or the Alpha's from the pack he came from."

Jungkook looked thoughtful. "Either way, they're still pups and you'll get to raise them. It's not like Hoseok is going to go back to that pack anyway."

Jimin nodded. "I wouldn't stress over it. You love Hoseok, right?"

Yoongi nodded slowly then walked back to their den.

"The least he could say was 'thank you'.", Jungkook laughed.

***

"Hoseok? I want to talk to you.", Yoongi stood just outside their den, not wanting to go in unless he knew his mate wanted him to.

Not hearing an answer, he decided to walk in. He was surprised and slightly worried when he realized that Hoseok was not in the den. He ran back out into the camp.

"Hoseok?!"

Jungkook and Jimin looked up at him.

"What are you shouting for?", Jungkook asked.

"Have you seen Hoseok recently?", Yoongi asked frantically, getting more worried by the second.

Jimin shook his head. "No. Was he not in your den?"

"No he wasn't or I wouldn't be asking where he is.", Yoongi huffed.

"Hey, what's going on?"

Yoongi turned to see Namjoon. "Namjoon! I need you to help me find Hoseok."

The Pack Alpha's eyes widened. "Why? Is he not here?"

Yoongi shook his head.

Namjoon looked disbelieving at his friend. "Let's go."

***

Hoseok took one last look back at the camp. He had found another way out that wasn't used much, hoping no one would see him leave. He sighed. He had thought he found a good place to live and eventually raise a family of his own. So much for that. He really didn't want to leave but it was clear he wasn't wanted. He didn't want to return to the EXO pack though. He excepted that the only way to live was as a loner. He would have to give birth to the pups with no help too. He looked towards the direction he was going. Not having any particular destination in mind, he set off. He couldn't help thinking that maybe Yoongi or someone would come looking for him. He just didn't want to get his hopes up.

***

"Hey, Yoongi. I think I'm about to—"

"Shut up, Namjoon. Help me find his scent again. I lost it a while ago."

Namjoon stopped walking. "No, really. I think my rut is coming."

The older Alpha's eyes widened.  "Namjoon!"

Namjoon looked sheepish. "Sorry. We still have a little time before it comes. I think."

Just as he said that, his eyes narrowed.

Yoongi gulped.

"Namjoon? I'm your friend remember? I'm not a threat."

Namjoon glared right past him. Yoongi was confused. Was there something behind him?

That was when he noticed it. The smell of Hoseok's scent had changed slightly. Much more sweet with a hint of something else he couldn't name. It was almost calming. Then it hit him that it was indeed Hoseok's scent. He whipped his head around to see his mate with frightened eyes.

Yoongi felt the need to protect.

"Hoseok.", was all he could bring himself to say.

Namjoon let out a sound similar to a growl. His mind wouldn't register that Hoseok was in front of him. His rut only let him see that there was an Alpha standing in between him and an Omega.

The last thing he heard before losing control was Yoongi's panicked voice shout, "Namjoon! Snap out of it!"