8

When Hoseok told Yoongi he was pregnant, he was not expecting the reaction he got. Maybe a shocked expression. Maybe a scream to get out and never come back. Maybe a tearful exclamation of how much he loved Hoseok and how excited he was to start a family with him. But he was most certainly not expecting to be met with silence. Not even his scent could have given Hoseok a clue as to what his Alpha was feeling about the sudden news.

Hoseok looked down at the floor of their now shared den. He didn't know what to say.

When he looked back up, Yoongi was gone. He had left his mate alone in the den.

Hoseok felt tears prick his eyes. If this is how Yoongi reacted to his mate's pregnancy, how would he react when he found out they might not even be his pups?

***

"You're terrible! Why would you just not say anything and leave? Do you know how messed up he probably feels? It's not just his fault for getting pregnant either. You also had a part in this, don't forget!"

Yoongi groaned and covered his ears. He was sick of Jin yelling at him. He knew he messed up but he didn't do anything that bad. Upon hearing the news, he made his way over to Namjoon and Jin's den hoping he might find Namjoon so they could talk Alpha to Alpha. Instead, he got Jin.

"Hey! Listen to me!", Jin yelled again.

Yoongi looked up at the Omega. Jin had always been really tall for his nature. His height never made him intimidating though. He was just too cute.

"Look, I know. I just never wanted pups. You know this. I have the right to feel the way I do."

The Omega rolled his eyes. "Do you love Hoseok?"

Yoongi was taken aback by the sudden question. He furrowed his brow.

"Of course, but that doesn't mean I should want his pups."

"They're your pups too! Not just his!"

Yoongi scoffed. "Sure, if they even are my pups."

Jin's face suddenly softened. "Is that why you don't want the pups? Because they might not be yours?"

Yoongi felt an strange emotion. "I don't want pups, but if I were to have them, I would want them to be mine. Not some dirty Alpha's from another pack."

Jin nodded thoughtfully. "I think Hoseok is worried about that too. So I suggest you go and apologize to him then you two can talk about your feelings with each other."

"I hate feelings, but I think you're right. I'm just not looking forward to finding out they're not mine. I mean, that Alpha probably doesn't even deserve those pups."

"It's okay to feel a little jealous, Yoongi. It's only natural."

Just then, Namjoon's voice could be heard just outside the den. "Hey, babe? Can I come in for a second? I want to ask you a question."

Yoongi laughed. "You make your own mate, not to mention the Pack Alpha, ask before he can come into his own den?"

Jin ignored the remark and said sweetly. "Yes, baby. You can come in."

Namjoon walked into the den and stopped when he saw Yoongi. "What are you doing here?"

"We were having a conversation. I'm leaving now."

With that, Yoongi left.

Namjoon turned back to Jin. "Anyway, I was just going to ask if you knew if something was going on with Hoseok? He smells a little off."

"He's pregnant."

Namjoon's eyes lit up. "I knew it! I can't believe we have a pregnant Omega in our pack! The pack is thriving!"

Jin shook his head. "If only Yoongi would be just as excited as you are."

Namjoon looked confused. "He's not excited for his own pups?"

Jin rolled his eyes. "He's Yoongi. What did you expect?"

"You're right. Poor Hoseok."