12

The three Alphas; Yoongi, Namjoon, and Jungkook came walking back into camp with the pack's dinner. Hoseok's stomach growled at the sight of the fresh kill his mate had dropped down on the dirt. Yoongi looked up at the Omega and offered a soft smile. Hoseok instantly knew something was not right.

After Namjoon had dropped his catch next to Yoongi's and Jungkook's, he stood straight up and called for a quick meeting of the whole pack. Hoseok looked at Jin. The older Omega looked worried. Taehyung, Jimin, and the pups came rushing up to the others.

Once everyone had settled with their dinner, it was strangely quiet as they waited for the Pack Alpha to start speaking.

Yoongi came over to Hoseok's side and slung an arm around his waist and pressed a quick kiss to his cheek in an attempt to comfort him.

Hoseok looked questioningly up at him. Yoongi just avoided his gaze and focused his attention on Namjoon.

"Yoongi, Jungkook, and myself noticed something interesting in our territory today while we were out hunting."

Hoseok stiffened and Yoongi's arm tightened around his waist.

"We think we found a scent of an Alpha from the EXO pack. We don't know who, but it smelled vaguely familiar to the one we smelled on Hoseok when we first found him."

Hoseok gasped. There was no way Zitao could be here. He had ran so far away from EXO territory! It had to be a mistake.

Namjoon continued. "We searched a good chunk of our territory and we didn't find any more scents, but we'll definitely be keeping closer watch on our territory from now on. We don't want an attack from another pack when we have two pregnant Omegas and two pups to keep safe."

Hoseok couldn't believe what he had just heard. If EXO attacked, then there was the risk of having to go back to that terrible pack. He felt his eyes brimming with tears. He buried his face into Yoongi's shoulder as he felt a hand rubbing his back gently and whispering he couldn't make out.

Good things truly don't last forever.