Chapter Eighteen

The man was tall, and buff. His clothes straining against his muscles. He was clad in a pair of dark pants, work boots, and a brown coat with light sheep wool, and underneath his coat, he wore a black tank top. The man had a stern looking fac, and it was easy to understand he was a Quileute with his native American looks, deep brown eyes, high cheekbones, his black hair, chiseled jaw, and his russet skin.

Damn, the authority vibe coming from him was really intense.

The man stood still and tensed in front of me, and  I saw my aunt sidesteps next to the unknown/unfamiliar man.

" Oh, Anna, this is Sam Uley, a friend, we were talking about... something." My aunt said in a mysterious way, exchanging a glance with the man beside her.

The man kept looking at me, then the woods on the other side of the road, and then to my aunt.

"Contact me when it happens." The man stated and my aunt nodded, as the man walked off into the forest.

'When what happens?"

" Nothing for you to worry about. Now, what did Carlisle say about you ?"

" I'm fine, there won't be any aftermath."

I replied and stepped inside the house.

THIRD POV

         As soon as Sam stepped into the forest, another male came to him, wearing only a pair of ripped shorts and a pair of shoes. The newcomer was almost as tall as Sam was, with the same russet skin, short dark brown hair, and deep brown eyes, and on his shoulder was a circular tribal tattoo.

The half-naked man was looking towards the house where the stern looking man came from, a frown on his face.

Sam was looking at the second male deep in thoughts.

" She's fine, Paul."

But the young man still wouldn't budge from his spot.

Imprint.

Paul didn't want to be tied down to some supernatural soulmate chosen for him. He was fine with the way he lived, hooking up with girls every now and then.

Since he can't get too excited/angered because, well, he'd phase. Even if the excited part was only a theory, Paul didn't want to risk it.

And yet...

Yet the wolf inside him had different thoughts on the situation at hand.

Anyone could see the tension in his whole body and Sam frowned at this.

Paul's silence and his expression could only mean one thing...