Chapter Twenty Four

I parked my car next to Bella, and I don't know how, since my car is not the quietest car in town, but she doesn't even seem to have noticed me and the fact that my car is next to hers. True, she has earphones, and is listening to music, and is not looking in my way, like, at all.

I mean, either she's really lost in her thoughts or she became deaf.

After turning off the car, I stepped out and stood next to her. She still didn't notice I was there. Until she turned around and almost had a heart attack since I was right in front of her. She was startled, almost jumping out of her skin.

" Gods! You almost gave me a heart attack, appearing out of nowhere!"

Out of nowhere... not... really.

" I don't know how come you didn't hear me coming," I said, pointing my car with my thumb.

The brown haired girl only rolled her eyes, before continuing to rub her old truck, wash it thoroughly. Oh, the dent was still there, from that accident.

" So... how do you feel, about the Cullens being, you know... different."

Different, meaning vampires.

" As long as they don't eat me." I honestly answered, helping her wash her truck. 

And I noticed how similar our outfits were, I was wearing a dark red and black squared flannel, a black tank top and dark jeans, while she wore white and black flannel a pale blue long-sleeved shirt, since the flannel, the shirt must have belonged to her dad and reached under the shoulders. And a pair of jeans.

Then, Edward's car came into view, and Bella put back in her earphones, while I rolled my eyes.The young man parked his car, got out. Only to jump on top of the roof of Bella's truck and my eyes widened at what he did.

Could he please act like he was a human without some inhuman abilities? 

" Could you act like you're human? I've got neighbors." Bella scolded him, while Edward jumped into the trunk, then on the ground.

" You're both coming to our place tomorrow."

Bella looked at me and I looked at her.

" I am ?" I asked him, while he snorted.

" Alice and Rosalie want you to come, of course."

But, I was supposed to try to find out what happened to my brother tomorrow...

After another small conversation, Cullen left, as the Black family arrived at Bella's house.

Then, I had an idea. Sam Uley and that guy were clearly from La Push, so, Billy must know what happened to my brother and all those boys! Once the truck was parked, Jacob helped his father out of the truck, pulling out his wheelchair from the trunk.

"Hey. Come visit your truck?"

Jacob barely glanced at the truck before looking back towards Bella, his hands on the handle of the wheelchair.

" Yeah, looks good, got that dent out."

Bella mumbled a yes, while Billy was holding a paper bag on his lap, while Jacob inspected his old truck.

" Actually. We came to visit your flat screen.First Mariners game of the season." The man said with a smile, which turned into a grin as he looked at his son from the corner of his eye. " Plus Jacob here keeps bugging me about seeing both of you again."

Eh? Me too? Why?

"Oh, great Dad, thanks" Jacob muttered bashfully leaning towards the older man in a chair.

Man is their hair long.

" Just keeping it real, son."

Bella's father came with way too many beers for it to be only for tonight, and they walked up the stairs, Jacob now holding the fish fries in the paper bag in his hands, while Billy held the cans of beers, and Charlie helped him up the stairs. As they walked up to the stairs leading up to the house, Bella dropped her MP3 which slid under my car.

We both crouched down, only to see it clearly, but too far from reach.

" Nice car, Anna."

" You said that the first time we met."

" And I still think it's a nice car..."

Bella looked up at me.

" Can you pull your car back just a little for me to get the mp3 then park it back right where it was?"

I got a better idea.

I went up to the front of my car, put my hands below the bumper, crouched down slightly. My arms and legs tensing with the strength I'd need, my hands gripping the bumper. And I lifted the front of the car easily, up to my waist. It didn't feel like my muscles were aching under the weight of the car, it was as easy as breathing.

" I got it."

After Bella stood up next to Jacob, who was looking at me as if he was in awe of me, I put down the car gently and stood up and we all walked up the stairs, and I could see Billy staring at me from the window, with an unreadable expression on his face.

What? Is it because I was able to lift the car that easily? Strength was never a problem for me, I've always been that strong. From as long as I can remember.

As we stepped into the house, I walked up to the living room and saw Charlie putting the drinks on the table, and sit on his sofa.

" Billy, I have a question for you."

Said man wearing a cowboy hat, a jean vest and a black shirt underneath turned his head to me, and once again, his expression was unreadable, something in his eyes that I was unable to put a word on. Before the old and cheery Billy Black came back as a smile appeared on his native American face.

" Sure, Anna, shoot. What do you want to know?"

" Why does my brother hang around Sam Uley and his friend so much?"

Said man was startled by the question, as his eyes widened, his eyebrows were raised as he looked at me, but I needed to know what my brother was doing.

" He's in the group of Sam that helps around the reservation.Member of one kind of a group. They make sure everyone is okay.'' He seemed to be uneasy and had a hard time to tell me this.

They make sure everyone is okay.One kind of a group.

What a strange way of saying things.

But now, at least, I knew a little bit more.