Chapter Thirty-Two

Once again, I noticed something at the edge of the forest. It was that huge silver wolf. That canine always seemed to be watching over me, ever since my first encounter with nomad vampires. He was always there, at night, at the edge of the forest mostly hidden by the shadows but I knew it was there. As soon as I'd acknowledge the fact that I noticed him, the massive creature would back away in the forest.

 It was weird, even if the wold was at the edge of the forest, I could see him with so many details, as if I was extremely close or had more than perfect sight, enhanced sight even at night and yet I couldn't decipher the wolf's feeling passing through its eyes, a he looked at me, the wolf's expression was unreadable.

Like the emotions, or thoughts, of the guy named Paul. No matter if I look at him in a subtle way or not, he'd always have that unreadable expression on his face while he'd glance at me while I work. Weird guy, will he ever stop staring at me as if I wouldn't notice? While I work, it's my job to watch people to see if they need anything. I mean, our eyes met a few times whenever I'd catch him glancing at me.

I took down the client's order and glanced over my shoulder. He's doing it... again. I almost rolled my eyes at that, before I walked up to the table of the next clients.

" Here's your parmigiana chicken, alfredo chicken and broccoli bow ties and a serve of spaghetti. Two cokes and one seven up."

The clients were three teenagers, three male teenagers, ruled only by their hormones. They kept checking out every waitress, well, two out of that group would check out every young girl passing by. They were not from Lapush, that's for sure. They were "pale face" as people from the reservation would call white people. One of them was a redhead, the other one, a brunette, and the last one a blond. The blond one was eating quietly, not caring about anything around him, almost glaring at me with ice blue eyes.

Dipshit. I haven't done anything to him and yet he glares at me? No matter. The other two were giggling like school girls, the brunette also wore an all too confident smirk.

" Thanks, gorgeous." The brunette said.

I did not react to what he said as I put the metal tray down under my arm, against my side, and turned around to walk off to the kitchen.

As soon as I turned around, I felt something squeeze my backside intentionally. 'y whole body was tensed up as tight as a pole. Everything felt warmer, adrenaline pumping through my veins, blood boiling in anger. Eyes turning as cold as the grave, muscles tensing, ready to spring.  Hands clenching into a fist, I could hear footsteps while I also could hear, faintly, Sam's and Jared's voices say "No." " Come back here." to whoever was coming my way.

Without a second thought, I swirled around, metal tray in hand, and smashed the brunette's face with the flat side, the strength of the action tipped the chair back and the guy was sent sprawled onto the cold hard ground. I stood above the guy, bringing back my arm to my side, while I stared at the blood coming out of the idiot's nose.

" Touch me again, and you'll end up in worse condition," I said, voice void of any emotions, while I glared icily at the daring guy.

I could feel a presence behind me and I turned around, only for my eyes to land on a black shirt clad muscled chest, the man's chest heaving deeply with every inhale and when I looked up, I see a familiar native American face. The guy that kept staring at me. He was shaking, eyes glaring at the scum that grabbed a handful of my ass.

Not a sound, noise and voice could be heard in the restaurant.

" You fucking bitch! I want to speak to the owner of this trashy restaurant!" He bellowed.