Chapter Forty-One

It's been a few days now ever since I put that pouch under her bed and Charlie told me she sleeps like a log. He doesn't wake up every night because of Bella's screaming.

So that's a good thing.

Now, today was my birthday.

   And I've been preparing all week for tonight's ritual. Sophie's been helping me, even though she was no witch, she's the Archivist appointed by my mother. Any spell, any rituals, Sophie knows about it. 

I wonder if uncle Dominic knows about her?

   But never mind. I just hope no one remembers today is my birthday. God, I hate birthdays, it only makes me wanna hide and come out only a week later. Other than my family, of course, it's easy to know everyone remembers because of my twin brother's loudmouth. He'd never let anyone forget that it's his birthday.

Prick.

As soon as I even thought the word, the door slammed open with Derek screaming/howling some deep ass voice thingy. 

" MY DEAR TWIN, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!"

I don't even know how to describe it. I stayed still, hoping he'd leave my room... but no.

The asshole hit me so hard with my huge pillow my body actually bounced on the mattress.Not one, two or three times. FIVE.

I opened only one eye to see him grinning at me. 

That did it.

F****** prick, asshole!

I lifted my leg from under the cover and kicked him where the sun doesn't shine.

I closed my eyes as I heard a thud on the ground next to my bed, burrowing myself even deeper in the covers of my bed, lifting the hem of the covers up to my nose. I could hear him whimper and groan in pain while muttering curses at me. It's his fault if he has a enough low IQ so that he could think it's a great idea to began screaming in my room at 6 AM.

Serves you right, prick.

" Derek! Did you do something stupid again?" I could hear my uncle ask loudly from downstairs.

Wow, the burn.

" Sometimes, I wanna smash your face in." He muttering, his pitch higher than usual because of the pain.

" Now you know what I've been feeling my whole life," I answered easily, trying to erase his presence from my mind.

" Imma stay here until you die, sister."

" What the... Auntie. Derek is harassing me." I almost shouted from the bed.

Well, it's the morning. I have every right to be petty and childish if I want to. Bring me a coffee and I'll level up to an adult in no time.

Less than a minutes later, I could hear her coming up the stairs.

And a minute later, she pulled him out of my room by pulling him by the ear.

Aaah.

Peace.

But, I had to get out of bed so I could dress up and go to school. But my brother had a good point, it's my birthday, so I could wear something a little more chic this time around. So I rose from my bed, pulling the covers back on it for my room to look presentable and not messy, before walking up to my walk-in and pulling two items out of it. 

A long-sleeved crop top black turtle neck and a pair of high waisted jeans with lace insert on the side of the legs.