Chapter Nineteen

Ever since I discovered my new group of friend's secret, since I discovered the truth, they told me lots and lots of stuff about their kind. The Cold ones, as they were usually called, in mythology, or wherever the name came from.

It was as if their body was made from something solid, crystal, rock, or kind of like ice, their skin could break when an immense amount of strength is applied to their body, creating rifts, crevices, cracks on their skin, before their body almost instantly heal.

Unless you tore a member from their body.

It's obvious it wouldn't grow back...

Carlisle was the creator of the coven. The first turned was Edward, then his wife Esmée, and the others came along afterward.Creating a vampire was actually a lot harder than just killing the human they wanted to turn

As Edward said, some kind of frenzy begins, making it extremely difficult not to drink the person dry.

When they die. sometimes, they bring an ability that is enhanced with the change. Emmett, it was his strength, Rosalie, her incredible beauty, Alice her premonition, the ability to see possibilities of future, Jasper could read into people's emotions, and Edward could read people like an open book.

But he seems to have difficulty reading my mind like there was some kind of veil, of fog, making it impossible for Edward to invade my mind, my privacy.

Well, he was able to read my mind once since my mind, body and soul were trying to reach out to someone, the night I and my sister were attacked.

But, ever since that dreadful night, nothing. He couldn't have any access to my mind. Which is a good thing.

Ugh, my like got so dreadfully complicated in a matter of days.

I ran a hand through my hair once more and I sighed, rolling my shoulders to remove any tension, glancing in Edward"s direction once in a while. 

Should I tell him?

All of my thoughts went back to every episode of mind reading I experienced since the death of my parents. 

Should I tell Edward that I can read minds too, that he's not the only one with that burden?

Finally, admitting to myself that I could read minds once in a while was tough for me, since Edward spent a lot of time describing his gift to me, that's how I truly realized I wasn't crazy, that I wasn't suffering from schizophrenia.

I can read minds, not constantly, but I can, even if this gift or curse comes with a great deal of pain.

From afar, I could see Jessica and the glass-wearing girl talking animatedly to Bella. Surely about promé Bella was going to Port Angeles with Jessica and the other brunette, she wants to find a book. I was going to that city too, but with Alice and Rosalie.

For their dresses, as they agreed between themselves that if they found everything for me, I should help them find everything they need for prom.

They bribed me ... with food. No one can resist food!

Well, I can't so... yeah.

One of my only weakness... food.

It was now the evening, and Bella asked me to come to her house, for us to do the homework for biology together, since, as she said, best friends should help each other

It was now the evening, and Bella asked me to come to her house, for us to do the homework for biology together, since, as she said, best friends should help each other. We were both in her room, as I sat on the bed, writing answer after answers, while glancing up at Bella, once in a while,  who was scrolling through the internet with a raised brow.

Wow, so much for best friends doing the homework together!

I rolled my eyes.

Then, Bella turned to me, completely serious.

" Anna, I need your opinion.'' 

I straightened my posture, looking at her while putting down my pencil, my attention completely on the young brown-haired woman.

" On what."

" On Edward."

I raised both eyebrows this time.

" On what topic can I be of assistance," I asked while sipping on my bottle of water.

" Help me find out what he hides." 

As soon as those words left her mouth, I choked on my water. After coughing for a few moments, and trying to regain my breath, I answered her.

" What he hides? " I asked with a voice still raw from choking on my glass of water.

" It's impossible, there's no possible logic explanation over how he could get to me so fast, and be strong enough to leave a dent in that guy's truck. It's just impossible, even if it was adrenaline, everyone else would have noticed him, and even with adrenaline, he wouldn't have been able to get to me from where he was. And he won't tell me the truth!" She said, gesturing wildly to show her annoyance, brown eyes lightened with logic and slight anger while spinning around in her chair.

I snorted.

Trust me, Bella, it's far better if you do not know about their secrets, trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

" I mean, I'm at the end of the road of possibilities. I'm even considering he's some kind of alien, like Superman! Or radioactive spiders, something to explain his abilities! Anything to make my mind stop  trying to drive me insane!"

I only shrugged, since it was not my place to reveal his secret. 

He'll tell her in time when she really needs to know.

Well, I hope he will, before, you know, she finds out by herself, then blame me since I wouldn't have told her.

My cell phone ringed and I grabbed it, pressing on the answer button, bringing the small device to my ears.

" Hello?"

" Hey, Anna, it's Mike!"

" Hey. What is it?"

" As straightforward as always. Tomorrow, I'm going to ask the gang if they wanna go surfing, wanna come?" He asked, and I could literally feel hope lacing through his voice, trying to reach out to me.

" Sure. I wouldn't mind, but why didn't you wait until tomorrow to ask me about that?"

' It was just a precaution, you know, if you hadn't come to eat with us, and wasn't sure if telling Bella to ask you was a good idea."

" I'm not going to surf, but yeah, I can come, if the others want, of course. Where would it be?"

" La Push beach."

The Quileute reservation, then, it's going to be an interesting afternoon, if we do go to that beach.