Chapter 38

Tomorrow would be Isabella's birthday, my uncle, cousin and little siblings would be gone for the weekend on some sort of short vacation. They were going to a zoo and other places. Sophie asked me if I wanted to go with them, but, it's Bella's birthday, I couldn't miss it, and I had homework to do. Derek was also staying behind since he said he had things he couldn't just cancel whenever he wanted.

Rude.

     I heard two voices, speaking to each other downstairs, and, me, being a little curious, decided to go down the stairs to know who was there. There were two figures hunched over the kitchen table, books spread all over it, one of those was my brother. The other one was also familiar. Russet skin, muscular body, deep brown eyes, focused on the pieces of paper in front of them. He was wearing a black long sleeved tight shirt with black pants.

      He's not shirtless today? Or wearing only a tank top and shirt while it's slightly cold outside? Speaking of it, why was he here? I looked at the books and notes spread on the tables, all of them wide open.

Oh, they are doing homework.

      Derek must have heard me coming, since as the same eyes that I see in the mirror every morning looked up at me, a grin stretching his lip upwards.

" Good morning, sleepyhead.

      I mumbled a good morning in response and began to prepare a hot chocolate for myself and some breakfast, and coffee for Derek and his friend. While the coffee was getting ready to be made while the coffee was getting ready, I pulled up my hair into a messy bun at the back of my head. I could hear Derek and Paul grunt in frustration and saw Derek throw a warning glance at Paul a few times, but why?

I'd probably never know.

      I sat down at the kitchen table, hot chocolate in a cup beside my wrist on said table, my eyes focused on the scenery outside. The thick branches of the tree covered in a dense amount of green leaves, a path made by the trees going deep into the forest.

      Images of a silver wolf flashed through my mind. And the other wolves I had seen that night, the night I faced off against a vampire.

       I'd forgotten about them for a while. I turned my gaze to my brother and narrowed my eyes. I was so focused on myself that I completely forgot to find out what happened to my brother all those weeks ago. Unlike before, he seems prone to get angry more easily.  He was unnaturally stronger than before, had better reflexes.

At least he wasn't a vampire, that's for sure, he didn't shine in the sunlight.

(AN: Shine bright like a dia---SLAP)

He was way too hot, body wise, temperature wise. 

Next time my brother got angry, I'll follow him to know exactly know where he goes, what he hides from me. 

Hiding things from me, his own twin!

       Another wave of pain crushed my skull and I rubbed my temple to try to alleviate, to reduce the pain. Please, I don't want to hear people's thoughts again.

Please.

After a while, the pain subsided. I really needed to find whatever ails me.

But one thing is more important today. Bella's gift.

I still had no idea what to give to her.

Maybe... a painting? But a painting of what? A self-made violin song? Cooking?

A painted portrait of Bella.

        A memory flashed through my head and I ran up the stairs, walked up to my bed and looked into the nightstand. I pulled out a black box, opened the lid and looked inside the box, only to see a pile of pictures.