Chapter 19

"Hey Tweakers"

"H-hey Craig"

The table erupts in laughter and everyone greets each other, how could it be so nice! It's like old times, a table of old friends. Craig's foot meets Tweak's under the table, neither of them move away.
Though Kenny is hardly paying attention, he's too busy staring across the cafeteria toward another table.

Meeting the eye of a quiet blonde guy,  he frowned. Craig noticed, but didn't care. All he cared about was seeing Tweak again, he desperately wanted to grip his hand in his. All he wanted to do was get closer and closer, for now he would settle with knowing that he's alive.

Token glanced between the two and whispered "Cartman's got immunity, he's done no testing, its like he's invisible" Craig glared across the cafeteria toward the back of Cartman's head "why didn't you stop him from hurting Tweak"
Tweak blushed red, it sparked against his pale skin and he shook at the memories.

"C-Craig, Tokens been t-taking care of me this entire t-t-time"

Craig sighed and Token frowned "sorry Token, I know you're doing your best"

Token nodded " Cartman's evil, he just grabs him whenever he feels like it"

Craig's knuckles tightened and he looked back into Tweak's amazing green eyes, a rim of coffee color around the iris he never noticed before.

"He..he didn't.?.."

Tweak shook his head quickly "n-no nothing like t-that. Just h-hitting me..." He looked down at his plate, tapping his fork against it.

The group picked at their food, as the familiar sound of heels clicked down the hallway. Craig flinched, Kenny looked away from butters quickly and put his arm around Craig's shoulder for extra effect.

Tweak watched the arm settle, and tears filled his eyes again as he gulped down the hash browns.

"Ladies and gentleman, we are pleased to inform you that the testing stages are complete! After lunch you will be moved to the high rise in the centre of south park to continue your lives!"
Everyone cheered, only because this hell was finally ending.

Craig  laughed along with the others and smiled for the first time in a long time, catching Tweak's eye.

Tweak grinned back through his bruised face.

This was it.

The first chance he got, he hated to say it, but he was going to cheat on Kenny. From the looks he saw Kenny give Butters, Kenny had a similar idea.