Chapter 25

"Let me put it this way Mr McCormick, you're under a lifetime contract. You're not going anywhere"

Kenny's head bobbed left to right, his wrist chained to a pipe coming from the ceiling in the office. He could barely make her out through his bruised eyes and squinted looking up at her with a glare "fuck you, I didn't sign shit"

"You didn't have to, when you were born everything was decided, all citizens are under contract. You know what you did when you killed my nephew McCormick? You broke your contract" a cold harsh slap pressed across his cheek and he flinched in surprise.

"What are you gonna do to me?"

She grinned, Cartman's features suddenly very apparent "oh, I'm going to make you  suffer for as long as you can" she ran her finger along his chin and smiled "plus your a cute guy, you might come in handy"
Kenny shoved her hand away with his shoulder "And you're an old hag with saggy tits! But you already knew that"

Another harsh slap.

Kenny laughed through the sting and glared at her. A trail of blood dripped from his lip.

She walked out and slammed the door  leaving him there on the floor still chained. He took a deep breath and lifted his foot up to his hand as best he could. Pulling off his shoe a hair clip dropped on the floor from inside,  he grinned.

Always be prepared, that's what my mom said.

He began frantically picking the lock on the chain.

Tweek POV

Its been days since I last saw Craig.

I can't take this place!

Its horrible!
We all wear these nasty grey jumpsuits though I've noticed some units have a different color stripe along the side.

Ours is red.

We sleep in a huge dorm room. There's about 40 people each dorm, we can't leave the area without a superior and every meal consists of some form of food that spews out of a hose.
Its horrible here, dirty and cold and grey... I recognised some people I never thought I'd see again, but so far I've seen none of the people I care for.

The work is hard, we stand at a conveyor belt all day and work machines. A break of 20 minutes, then repeat. I feel like a walking corpse.

All I want is to see Craig. The kiss we had, it haunts me over and over again. We finally had a chance, finally had a moment. Just us.

I need him.

If I can't find him...

Craig POV

"Why do we have a color stripe?" Clyde passed me another machine part to screw onto the main frame. He sighed and ran his greasy fingers through his hair, nobody gets to bathe much here "the colours are for different work units as far as I know. Based on...lifespan"

One of the superiors past by, he wacked the machine part with a piece of leather with a bolt of metal stitched onto it. We flinch and jump staying quiet until he moves away.

My heart skips a beat and I glance at him "and what's ours?" I whisper still watching the back of the superior.

"The blue? Long life. At least long enough to do the heavy job shit" he pouts "I'd rather a red"

I roll over the wheel for the car and start to jack it up.

"What's so good about red?"

"They're the lucky ones. Expendable, die quicker and get out of this hell hole faster" Clyde didn't say much after that, He barely made eye contact.
It was bleak, the way we were now. Dirt in our hair and on our faces, barely any time to think.

No hope of getting out.

And then the day came, a fire broke out in the factory. The superiors carted us all out into a chain fenced courtyard, three units all mixed in together.

Blue, yellow and red.

The smoke spiralled around us and we coughed staggering into huddles, my arm pumped off of someone else. I wasn't going to look, until I felt the trembling. My head spun and I strained to look at him. Tweek stared back at me stunned through glassy teared eyes coughing and choking on the fumes.

I couldn't believe it, A red stripe...of course.

I gripped onto him and pulled him closer into a hug kissing his cheek and lips, he cried in my arms clutching onto my jumpsuit.

If we were gonna die here, choking on smoke. At least I'd have you in my arms. I'd be content with that, if it was all I could have with you.

Suddenly, the door to the courtyard burst open and a figure staggered out holding a bolt cutters, we all looked up in panic as to what was going on. The smoke bellowing around us fogging our view.

We stand in shock as he cuts the wire fencing with the cutters and screams to us waving madly "COME ON! GET UP! FUCKING COME ON!!"

Kenny!?

He darts through the hole in the fence and bolts off across the field.

I hear my breath catch and I grab onto Tweek pulling him with me, the crowd moves fast and we rip through the gap making a break for it.

Clyde and Token on my left, My Tweek gripping tightly onto my hand.