Family

Friday, Setember 1st.

"violet" i hear and i open my eyes slowly

"the plane just landed" grayson whispers.

i sit up in the chair and stand up. guess i fell asleep waiting in the airport. gray and i are waiting for my grandma and janet. today they are flying in since the wedding is in 2 days.

we start walking to the terminal. the other day, my grams flew to ohio (where janet lives) than now they are flying in from there. i wonder if janet brought her husband matt and her daughter amanda.

grayson takes my hand. i look down then back at him and smile. i always feel so safe and secure when im with him. he smiles back and we both look foward. as we are walking, i see janet and amanda. i smile. i havent seen them in person for almost a year.

i let go of graysons hand and sprint towards janet. when janet sees me she drops her stuff and starts sprinting toward me too.

we finally reach eachother and hug. we laugh. "ugh i missed you" janet laughs

i pull away and share a huge grin.

"ahhh your getting married!" she jumps up and down. i laugh at how funny she looks.

i look over her shoulder and see my grams holding amandas hand. i smile and go over to her and give her a big hug. "how you doing grams" i say gently

she pulls away and cups my gace with both her hands. "im perfect" she smiles.

grayson comes over and takes her bag. "hey mary" he smiles

"oh! grayson!!" she opens her arms wide and throw them over his shoulder.

"wow, i think she likes you more than me" i laugh and move some hair behind my ear.

everyone laughs. they pull away and start to talk about the wedding. turn to janet and she is picking up her bags. i go over and take amandas hand. "hey a" i smile.

"hi vi! i missed you" she smiles

i laugh. she got so big, i cant believe she is five already.

After we get everyone's bags, we all head to the car. We had to borrow ethans BMW because my grams can't climb into mine or Graysons car.

We all get into the car, I let my grams sit in front with Grayson. So that means it was me, Janet and Amanda in the back. It was kinda squished because Janet had to pack for two.

"Where's matt" I suddenly realize

"He couldn't make it, his mom is sick and has to take care of her" she sighs.

"So he flew to Australia"

She nods "yep. A few days ago"

"That sucks. How sick is she?"

"Stage 3 breast cancer "

my eyes grow wide. "sorry to hear that"

i look down at my lap, and start to play with the end of my shirt.losing a mom...its probably one of the hardest things to deal with ever... i miss my mom so much.

soon we get to the house. we walk in and ethan, ness, and nikki. are laying down on the couch watching ice age.

"hey guys" i say as i lugg in my grandmas suit case. we all pile in the house.

"alright, we should go so yall can get settled in" ness says as the three of them get up from the couch.

"you guys can stay, we can order dinner and we can all eat together" gray says.

i watch amanda run up to nikki. they are best buds so i giggle. "but yeah, you guys should stay" i agree with gray.

"yeah eth, i havent seen you in how long?" my grandma says and ethan laughs and goes over to her to hug her.

"What do you guys want ill order now?" I say as i go into tge kitchen to grab the take out menus. Gray and i always, ALWAYS keep our take out menus, and even if the place doesnt deliever, we take a menu...its just our thing, i dont know.

"I say chinese" janet says as she goes down the hall to one of the guest rooms.

Nikki jumps up and down "Yeah!" Then amanda joins in with.

"Grams?" I look at her and she nods. "Ness? Gray? Ethan?...jesus man i feel like im pulling ethan" i say

They all nod.

I take everyones orders and then call the place.

By around 7 p.m the food comes and we all sit at the kitchen table. Wow, i love my family...we are just so loud. I invited kevin and vic to come but they are at an alien convention right now.

we all eat, talk, laugh, and just basically catch up. i just wish my mom and james were here. i sigh to myself, and i guess grayson noticed.

he squeezes my thigh gently "you okay?" he whispers

i take his hand. "yeah" i smirk

he smiles and pecks my lips. i get back to eating.

around 9, grams went to bed, janet put amanda to sleep then ness and ethan put nikki in gray and i's bed.

So now it's just, gray, Janet, Ness and ethan. We all hang in the living room, and basically just be complete idiots.

"2 days" ethan out of the blue says.

"What?" Janet laughs

"Wedding day in two days" he says

"That was very random" I laugh

"I know, it just hut me though. My little twin bro is getting married" he pushes gray gently.

Gray puts his arm around me.

"You guys ready?" Ness wiggles her eyebrows.

I lick my lips "So ready" I smile and look at Grayson who was already looking at me with lust.

"I haven't even see the dresses yet" Janet laughs

I get up quickly "c'mon"

She gets up. "Where are we going"

"Basement, dresses are down there" I take her arm and drag her downstairs to the basement.

"Don't mind the mess, it's the stuff we don't know where to put" I chuckle as I turn on the light, revealing all the boxes.

I go over to the locked cabinet and put the combo in. I open it to reveal my dress and the bridesmaid dresses.

Janets mouth drops. "OH MY GOD YOUR DRESS IS BEAUTIFUL" she practically screams.

Then she grabs her dress and holds it up against her body. "I look good in green" she smirks

I laugh "Your pathetic" I cross my arms

"Ya...i know" she smiles.

We laugh and then she puts it back.

"Are you nervous?" She asks as I lock the cabinet again

I shake my head "no. I have no reason to be nervous, I've been waiting for this day"

"Yeah but, think about it, this is when you can start your family and spend the rest of your lives together as one."

"I know" I runs my hand through my hair.

"I'm so excited for you. Soon you will see little violets and Graysons" she laughs.

"Yeah" I put my hand on my stomach. Very soon....

And I'm excited.

[ If you forgot was the dresses look like, they are at the end of the 'shopping ' chapter. 😊 ]