4

Wills pov

Mike sat on the couch breaking down. He eyes were filled with tears. I sat with my arms around him as tight as possible and whispered things like "Mike, I love you..." and "As long as we're together." Whilst Jonathan told us Mike could stay here a while, until my mom got stuff sorted out.

Jonathan left the my bedroom, to give us some alone time. As soon as Jonathan shut the door. Mike sobbed louder and shoved his face onto my neck, tears running dry. I comforted him some more until he stopped crying and rested on the bed. I hated seeing him like this. I felt hopeless. I just wanted to curl up into a ball in the corner, but knew that Mike needed me. I couldn't let him down...

But my feelings for him overwhelmed me and I sat up on the bed. Even thought Mike had calmed himself down all the way, while he slept beside me I couldn't have felt anymore alone. I just wanted him to tell me that it was going to be alright, and play with my hair as he told me how much he loved me and wouldn't ever let anyone hurt me...

I shook uncontrollably as if the thunder were here like before, maybe even worse than that. Tears ran down my face. I finally felt what Mike felt. Why It was such a big deal for his dad to hate... us... And on top of that I was on the verge of crying just from Mike crying. I whimpered to myself.

I heard the bed creak as Mike sat up and wrapped his arms around me as he pulled me back down onto the bed. He kissed my lips and my cheeks and my forehead and told me how much he loved me in my ear, just as I thought he was. And for that moment. I was confident that everything was going to be okay. Because Mike was there to protect me.

Mikes pov

Yeah. This sucks. First my dad, which I've decided to just wait to see what happens before I get all worked up again, and now will is breaking down and the worst part is: it's mostly my fault. I just want to hide away so he can be safe, but he seems more calm when I hold him. Things get worse whenever I let go or try to go talk to Jonathan.

Will was asleep in his bed, so I un-cuddled him and slowly crept out the door.

"Jonathan?" I called, walking into the kitchen.

"Oh, hey Mike. How's Will doing...?" He asked.

"He's asleep right now... Hey how's it going with my parents?" I asked sheepishly.

"Well your dad has calmed down and has come to cope with it a little, but your mother thinks it would be best if you stay here another couple of days. You should go home maybe... a day before the snowball?" He said raising his eyebrows.

"Oh okay... Th-thanks Jonathan." I said looking at Wills door. I felt like I needed to see him, "I'm going to go lay down with Will." And with that I left to creak open the door.

Wills pov

I heard the door open slowly, and assumed it was Mike as he flopped down next to me. I wanted to cry right before he came in, but I felt so much better knowing he was right there for me.

"M-mike..." I mumbled. We rolled on our sides so we were looking at each other.

"Yeah?" Mike asked, And I could notice a little worriedness in his voice.

"Do... D-do you l-love me...?" I stuttered. Mike's face turned wide eyed and ticked-off looking, like I should already know the answer to that question.

"I love you more that life itself." He told me, and I blushed and grinned. He leaned over and kissed my head, so while he was close I wrapped my neck around him and closed our lips together. As we kissed I could feel his hands grab my *lower* waist, and pull me in closer up against him. We continued for a while until we realized it was dark outside. I was laying down with Mike half on top of me, kissing my neck.

"We need to sleep..." I mumbled depressingly.

"Okay, but I cant promise I wont snuggle you..." Mike said this so cutely... And I believed him... And I was glad.

I rolled on my side and felt his body touching mine as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Goodnight, Will." He told me he loved my and numbly fell asleep with is arms around me under the covers.

"I love you too Mike... Goodnight..." I yawned and fell into a deep sleep. Little did I know this would be one of... those... nightmares. I'm glad Mike was there... What would I do without him...?