12

Guess who's back hoes :D

A year later...

Will's pov

"Happy Birthday, sweetheart," Mike said softly planting a kiss on my cheek. We were laughing, laying on the couch. He had his arm around me as everyone chatted merrily among each other. There were banners and flyers everywhere with my name on them and it was mostly due to Mike. I came home to everyone already here (Mike, Dustin, Lucas, Max, Nancy, Jonathan, and all of the respective adults and parents). The party had been going on for a while now, and we had had so much fun with party games and foods and presents. But people sadly started leaving. I chatted with Max about my new Atari and how good it felt to finally be fifteen (Though Mike was still older than me ☹), until I heard Karen's voice.

"Alright, Will! Ted, Nanc, and I are heading home. Happy Birthday sweetie." She kissed my forehead, said goodbye to Mike and everyone else, and left with her family (except for Mike). And soon after, everyone slowly left, and to be honest, for the first time in a while, I was truly happy.

-------

"Ugh, Mike, you don't have to knock first, you should know this by now." I laughed. He came into my room and shut the door behind him.

"Well, what if you were changing?"

"You are my boyfriend, Mike," I giggle profusely.

We both changed and laid on my bed. Well, I was sitting up, but then laid down, curled on Mike's chest. I could feel his smile stretch, even from here. I arched my back up and looked down at his face. Our noses were almost touching. He whispered softly in my ear.

"I love you."

And instead of answering him I kissed him. We lay, on top of the blankets, kissing a little more roughly than before. I would have blamed Mike, but I have to admit, it was amazing. Still kissing, he breathlessly sat me up. I sat crisscrossed around him, gasping for breath but still going back for more.

"Mike... What are we...?" I asked between breathes.

"Don't worry," Mike said, slightly shaking his head. I trusted him and felt a little more relieved and continued.

"Hey, Will? Mike? Let's plan tomorrow..." We heard Jonathan say from the outside of the door. The knob twitched, and we practically peeled ourselves off of each other. The door opened. Jonathan leaned in the door way and looked at us confusedly. We were both sitting crisscrossed with our hands in our laps, a good distance from each other on the bed, watching Jonathan a little too attentively. I don't think Mike could, but I watched Jonathan's eyes spark when he inferred what he had interrupted. Oh, boy.

"So... tomorrow we are going shopping—" He started.

"—Walking around town—" Mike continued.

"—And then seeing a movie." I finished.

We all nodded awkwardly in agreement.

"I... I guess I'll let you guys get back to what umm... what you were doing..." Jonathan said. He raised his eyebrows and winked at me when Mike's back was turned. Goddamnit, Jonathan!

He left and shut the door. I got up and locked it this time. I turned back around to Mike, who was now preparing the covers for us. I yawned, grabbing Mike's attention on accident.

"You ready?" He asked, patting the bed.

"Yeah... lets sleep..." I said.

I turned off the lights and crawled into bed. Mike pulled the covers over us, and wrapped his arms and legs around me, and I curled into half a ball, holding onto his hands. I felt his smile as he snuggled his face into my neck/shoulder. I felt so peaceful. God, I loved this boy.

"Happy Birthday, baby..." He said holding me a little bit tighter than before.

I giggle profusely again and whispered that I loved him. He returned my remark with a kiss before we drifted into a peaceful slumber.

Mike's pov

I woke up to cold. I was alone, and I could see the ruffled sheets from where Will had gotten up who knows how long ago. I sat up, threw a shirt and jeans on, and opened Will's door to the kitchen. There I found will standing at the counter, talking to his mom, who's back was turned while she cooked waffles for Will's... well basically his second birthday celebration since his mom couldn't make it home from work the nigh before, and because yesterday was Friday so, we had school. But today was Saturday. I walked up and wrapped my arms around his waist from behind, kissing his cheek.

"Good morning," I said smiling. He always did make me smile.

"...Morning!" He said giggling. His mom turned around and shot me a smile.

"Good morning, Mike. Want some waffles, boys?" She said cheerfully. Of course, I agreed, so Will and I sat down. She took a spatula and flopped down two heart-shaped waffles onto some plates and placed them in front of us. Nice. I poured some syrup and started eating. I looked over at Will as he took bites like a mouse. I giggled. It did suit him. He smiled at me and tried to scoot his stool in a little too quickly, and it slipped out from underneath him. By reflex I flung my arms out as he involuntarily flew into me. We stopped, him halfway on my chest, leaning against me. He looked up at me with a shocked sort of look. And I saw it. The sparkle in his eye. We really are in love. And even with his mom watching, I instinctively put my arms around him and pulled him up on me, so we were inches from each other once more. He leaned into me and kissed me sweetly like he always does. God, he is so adorable.

Flash of a camera. Goddamnit!

Hey!! SO I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I just needed an intro to the time skip, but the fluffy juicy story will pick up, I promise. Okay baiii!!!

-M