10 -- PARTY-PREP

Mike's pov

"Mom! Stop it, that hurts!" I yelled, as she pulled a comb through my hair.

"Michael, quit your whining! You need to look nice for tonight." She argued. I scowled and allowed her to do what she needed to.

We were going over to Will's house tonight. All of us, Nancy, Molly, Mom, me, and even my father, whom I haven't spoken to in weeks. My mother, Holly I FIXED IT YOU MOTHERFUCKERS, and my dad would get there after Nancy and I. We were getting there early so Nancy could help Jonathan set up, and because I wanted to, simple as that. I've been emotionless at home the past couple days, and the only relief was Will. Only when I was with him. Dustin and Lucas weren't as torn up about it and were mostly worried about me. I threw on an undershirt and a hoodie, while Nancy wore an extravagant outfit that took her about a forever and an hour to pull together. We got in one of the cars and pulled out of our driveway. There was an unpleasant silence.

"So... you excited for tonight?" Nancy asked, trying to make a little conversation.

"Yea, I guess so..." I said dully. I still wasn't feeling to energetic after Eleven and such.

Nancy nodded, realizing I wasn't in the mood to conversate. I just tried to think about Will. And shortly we arrived. We were fairly early, so I would have expected nothing to be set up but a couple trays of appetizers. I asked Jonathan where Will was, and quickly escaped the kitchen. I walked to Will's door, which was shut. I knocked twice.

"Who is it?" Called a dreamy and happy voice from the inside. It made me happy when he was happy.

"It's Mike. Can I come in?" I asked, politely. I already felt a smile on my face. This is why Will is so amazing. He can throw a smile on my face just with the sound of his voice.

"-sigh- Mike, you are the only one who can come into my room without knocking." He said like I should already have known that, and I could hear the smile his face. I slowly opened the door and shut behind me. I saw him standing there. There was a pink quarter length-sleeve shirt laid out on his bed, next to the same golden-lace headband that he wore to the Snowball. He was standing at the window, leaning on the window sill, in front of the most beautiful sunset. He wasn't wearing a top and had what looked to be a fresh set of bandages. He looked over with the cutest smile. He gestured me over to him.

"Hey, --" Will cut my words of with a long kiss that lasted about 5 seconds. He put his hands on my chest and moved into me, and I put one hand on his waist (below the bandage), and the other lightly on his neck. We broke for air and then dove back in, moving to the bed. He sat me down on the bed while sitting on my lap, both hands on my face, my hands on his upper torso (beneath his arms) while continuing to fight for breath while we kissed inconsistently. I could feel Will's beautiful smile curl up as I told corny jokes between breathes.

We lay on the bed, talking about random things, occasionally kissing. We chatted for about 10 minutes, until we heard the engine of a car rumble into the driveway. Will kissed me once more and sat up, swinging his legs off of the bed. He seemed so happy, it was unbelievable. It made me happy just to watch him. He giggled loudly as he got stuck and struggled to put on his shirt. I went over and laughed as I helped him untangle from the most ridiculous predicament in the history of Hawkins. His head popped out, and the neck was very wide, stretching out to his shoulders. It was very tight, but he was skinny enough to pull it off amazingly. He grabbed the headband and slipped it onto his head, not pushing his hair back, but adding a sparkle to his fluffy styled hair.

"How do I look, babe?" He giggled, doing a fake twirl around, the frill at the bottom of his shirt flapping in the air. "Like a princess?"

"Like a beautiful princess, baby," I smiled. He visibly blushed.

"We should probably go hangout with everyone..." Will said, with a nervous smile on his face, but still as happy as ever. I nodded.

I wrapped my arm around his waist, opened the door, and we walked out into the room of smiling faces. I was proud that he was mine, and that everyone (except my father, of course) could be happy for us. I felt relieved and smiled unwillingly. Happiness is contagious I guess.

A/N

SO! I hope you enjoyed this Mike-exclusive chapter! There will be more Will next chapter. All feedback is much appreciated, and I will coincide requests in the comments, or if you want to message me! Oh, and thanks for 225 FREAKING READS!!!

Byeeeeeeeeeeeee!

-M