5

Will's pov

(NIGHTMARE)

I was back. No! No! NO! I was back in the upside down... inside castle byers. I was too weak to get up. I felt the pain all over. Like somebody was trying to rip out my soul with their bare hands. It was awful. I tried screaming Mike's name but no sound came out of my mouth. I was helpless. I kept screaming for him and Jonathan, And then for him again. There was no one here. I was all. Alone. Until I heard it... The sound... The sound of that – thing... I was scared. I used enough strength to cover my eyes. Until I felt it. The slimy hands that belonged to it. They started shaking me uncontrollably. Back and forth over and over like they were.. trying t-to... wake me up? Until I heard it.

(REALITY- still Will's pov)

"WILL! WAKE UP! PLEASE WAKE UP!" ... it was Mike...

"Come on Will! Please!"... and that was Jonathan...

I opened my eyes and the shaking stopped. I felt My body be lifted up into an unbalanced sitting position as Mike held me in his arms against his chest. I felt tear drops on my head as Jonathan squeezed my hand with one of his hands and the other covering his face (and MAN Tears I presume). I became completely awake. I looked out the window feeling hands play with my hair in relief and something else... maybe just a bundle of built up emotions. Mike and I sat up in bed for a while and Jonathan fell asleep in the recliner in the corner of my room.

I looked over at Mike. He had his arm around me and his face was close to mine. I couldn't read his eyes. But he could read mine. I could feel his breath on my cheek. He pecked my lips timidly. I scooched on top of his and cuddled him as he held me in his arms. We chatted for a while about the school break ending in a couple of days and how Lucas got back from his trip tomorrow, because there was no way I could go back to sleep. I was too afraid. And Mike was sweet enough to stay up with me.

The sun peered and orange and pink strand of light through the window as the sun gave its entrance.

"Ooh! Can we go watch on the porch?" I pleaded, wrapping my hands around his arm.

"Yeah, lets go be a cheesey couple" He laughed. He held my hand and led me out of my room. It's my house but I guess he was temporarily living here. Jonathan told me that his mom thinks Mike's dad needs a little more time to calm down and that we probably shouldn't like cuddle or kiss when he's around. Which was good compared to how he reacted that day. And about a week after school started was the Snowball... I couldn't wait! But I was also ridiculously nervous about maybe dancing with him in public. I love him enough to at least give it a chance. I've never felt this way about someone this way before.

As he led me through the house I couldn't stop thinking about how perfectly imperfect he was. The way his hair always curls in one direction. His smile. Oh, his smile... I felt something in my stomach as I thought about it, and got a reality check when a flush of beauty practically gouged my eyes out.

It was so.. pretty... I put my free hand over my mouth as I gasped in the explosion of warm color in the sky. It was absolutely magnificent to the point where it almost brought tears to my eyes. It was amazing... Mike was amazing... He was amazing for being there with me... and asking me to the Snowball... And being with me in this moment. I looked up to him (He still be taller dehn meh) and saw him look at me and blush as I felt myself blush too. He slowly took my hands with both of his. It was almost natural. I stood on my tip-toes as he held up me up with one arm around my waist. We moved closer... closer... and the gap between us completely closed. And in the gorgeous sunset, we were just as beautiful...

Michael Wheeler...

The one.

Mine.