8 -- SNOWBALL

DON'T START THE MUSIC YET, I'll tell you when 😊...

Mikes pov

Jonathan drove me in his car to Will's house about two hours prior to going to the Snowball itself. He asked me a whole bunch of cheesy questions the whole way there.

"You know, I'm glad you two are going to last. And I think you're going to love Nancy after she make Will look amazing tonight." He said cheerfully.

"...he always looks amazing..." I mumbled to myself a little too loudly.

We pulled in the driveway, and I let myself in, naturally. I saw Will's bedroom door glowing from the cracks, it was shut. I could hear Nancy and Will's muffled voices on the inside. I few minutes later, once they were sure I was here, and Nancy had finished, I heard a distraught Will and a confident Nancy on the inside of the door.

"I... I don't know Nancy... what if he doesn't like it...?" He muttered nervously.

"Oh Will, he thinks you look great no matter what you are wearing, or how you look." She said. All of which was true.

"Oh... you'd better be right, Nancy." He said finally agreeing to come out. Nancy fiddled with the door handle and opened it. Will slowly walked out. He was wearing a beautiful pink dress, which you'd think looked bad, but it was amazing. He also had a golden laced headband over his styled hair Nancy had done wonders to, though it wasn't holding back his hair, it was just for looks. He looked... beautiful.

"Mike... d-do you like it...?" He said, obviously nervous to hear my opinion.

I shot Nancy a quick look and she scurried of to Jonathan in the kitchen as I walked closer to Will.

"I think you look... absolutely, beautiful." I said. And I meant every word.

"Oh... *exhales*... heh, good... I was so nervous, but Nancy said that it would be fine, and I just-" I cut off his rambling with a long kiss. I pulled his waist in, watching for the wound. He wrapped his arms around me and pause to speak.

"Let's go out of the open..." Will whispered. I understood what he meant and nodded. He pulled my hand and led me to his bedroom, he shut the door and locked it. He laid down on the bed and beckoned me over. I lay halfway on him kissing him, as he giggled adorably.

"You are so cute sometimes..." I said quietly. I laid down next to him and he rolled over, so we were looking face to face.

"Thanks..." He giggled, blushing.

We chatted for a while on his bed, until Jonathan knocked on the door and told us it was time to go. I grabbed his hand and lead him out, as he was a little hesitant on his own. We got in the car and drove off. I think it was good for us to have gone to school the day before, because Will seemed way less nervous than before.

We arrived a little late on purpose. We walked slowly, and I was a little nervous, but tried just to think about us, not them.

Will's pov

I would have been nervous out of my mind, and I was a little bit, but not as much because Mike held my hand, and I felt safe from (most of) the judgement. From the moment we walked through the doors. I felt the stares. From the boys, probably wonder why I was wearing a dress. And from the girls, wondering why I was holding Mike's hand at a school dance. We soon found our way to Dustin and Lucas who were just chatting in the background, having a blast.

"Hey guys!" I said cheerfully. The boys stared in awe.

"Will! Oh my god you look so..." Lucas began and then they said in unison

"...pretty!" I blushed.

We stood with them for a while, Mike had his arm around my waist, half-protecting my bandaged side underneath my dress. We chatted for a while until the moment. The moment the slow song came on.

START MUSIC NOW

I think everyone expected us to sit. To just sit and mind our boundaries. But Mike wasn't that kind of a person. And he wanted to make this night perfect for me. Dustin and Lucas glanced over at Nancy at the concession stand, and then kind of made a shooing motion towards Mike and me. I giggled as Mike took my hand, smiling.

He put his arms around my lower waist tenderly, carefully watching for my side. He pulled me closer to him. We were much closer than everyone around us. My arms were around his neck.

"Mike... I don't know how to dance..." I said nervously. I looked down at the floor.

"Neither do I" He said, pulling me upwards so my feet were on his.

I looked up at him. We were so close. Our chests were almost touching. I felt the stares. So many of them. I looked around, and heard mike's voice,

"Hey... don't worry about them... I'm right here, focus here on us..."

I felt butterflies in my stomach. I looked up at him. Oh, his beautiful face. We moved to the music, free and alone in our own little world. It was amazing. I felt... pretty... when he held me so close. I tuned out the eyes and looked at his. Deep, brown, beautiful eyes. I felt something... I saw him slowly lean in, so I slipped my feet onto the ground and quickly bounced onto my tip-toes, completely touching our lips. I closed my eyes. It was like slow motion and we ignored the gasps from the kids around us (Including Nancy, Jonathan, Dustin, and Lucas 😊). We kissed for a long while, still swaying in the music, and we finally released. I lay my head on his chest, my hands still around his neck.

Even though we were in public, Mike was worth the judgement.

He was the one.

The one I love and will forever.

I love you Michael Wheeler.

I love you.

A/N

Hope you enjoyed, and stay tuned for the next chapters, full of fluff and cuteness and emotional breakdowns over loss. 😉