6

Mike's pov

School... ugg... my mom dropped my stuff of yesterday, and told me to stay with will for a while. Jonathan drove us and I held Will's hand all the way there because he was shaking ever so slightly. Jonathan kept telling us to 'be ourselves' and to 'not care what everybody thinks'. Will and I both just wanted to get to Lucas and Dustin (whom we invited over that day after my mom got there). I rubbed the top of his hand with my thumb and told him everything would be alright.

As soon as we got out Dustin and Lucas came up to us just in case people knew. Which I was certain they didn't—that is before I got out of the car. I guess we for got about the "small town" stuff at one point and somebody saw us together in the street. A bunch of the girls and some boys looked at us weirdly, but nobody laughed. I had a feeling they wanted to. But I didn't tell will that. I knew I just had to protect him. He was my number one priority, always. I saw his hands shaking at his sides as he walked in. Lucas and Dustin were a little ways ahead of us as we walked towards the school with the small crowd of people getting dropped off. Nobody seemed to notice, but I grabbed Will's hand. He felt it and just gripped me tighter than before. Anxiety comes first over judgement, and Will comes first over everything.

Will's pov

I was so. Damn. Nervous. I felt like everyone was looking at me. I walk towards the school, closest to Mike (obviously) and started shaking a little. I felt Mike's hand on mine. And I would've pulled away, but I felt safe and more calm with him. I saw a boy in the doorway staring at my Mike. With a familiar devilish grin. The same grin from before Mike jumped off of that cliff. Troy and his evil sidekick James.

The group must've seen them too, because Mike held onto my hand tighter, and Dustin and Lucas walked shoulder to shoulder in front of us like a shield. I looked up at Mike, scared. I saw him staring at Troy with a burning hatred in his eyes, but as soon as he noticed me looking he switched his face back to my beautiful kind and sweet Mike.

"It'll be okay. I'll keep you safe if anything happens." He said assuring-ly.

"Promise...?" I asked.

"I promise. Now look straight ahead." I followed his instructions.

We crossed the threshold into the school and I felt a hand on my shoulder, it pulled me back suddenly. I hit the floor breaking my fall on my arm. As soon as I hit the floor Mike shoved Troy up against the wall, so that he was on his tip-toes. James tried to help him but Lucas shoved him up against the other wall. Dustin knelt down to me and sat me up. Dustin tried to tell me something, but my attention was focused on Mike. He held him there speaking in a low tone voice. I'd never seen Mike this serious or angry before.

"Don't. Ever. Touch him. Understand?" Mike growled. Troy just stared. "Understand!?" Mike yelled this time, so Troy nodded sheepishly.

Only then did I notice the ring of people around us. They weren't staring at Troy and Mike though, they were staring at... me? I looked at Dustin and I saw that he was yelling and holding his hand on something on me... I looked down and so a pool of blood my side. There was a large cut on my side, oozing out blood and then I felt it. The pain. The pain was so overwhelming. I heard the people in the crowd yelling. Dustin was in the background yelling at everyone.

"Somebody get a teacher! NOW GODDAMNIT!" He ordered. Mike noticed me and rushed down on his knees, he supported my head and propped me on the wall, Lucas took out his bandana and Mike pressed it against my sever. The pain was so excruciating. I felt like my side and my arm were on fire. I screamed so loud my voice cut out have way through into a whisper. Mike squeezed my hand and a tear slid down his rosey cheek. My vision was getting blurrier. I looked at Mike with pleading eyes. I screamed over and over and sobbed out the words

"Don't leave me M-Mike... Stay w-with me please... PLEASE...!"

"He looked into my dying eyes and spoke the last words I heard before the darkness engulfed.

"I'll always be there with you. ALWAYS." He whimpered. And with all of my friends around me, gripping tight the hand of whom I love Mike's last tear in sight sent me into the darkness.