7

Mikes pov

At the hospital I rushed in and the doctors brought him into a private room in the ER. I tried to follow but one of the nurses told me I had to stay outside in the waiting room. Jonathan arrived shortly, and saw me crying in a seat next to Will's door. Jonathan hugged me tightly as he sat down. I sobbed my way through what happened. He hugged me again and I cried harder. Jonathan held his arm around me and rubbed my shoulder and told me that everything was going to be okay.

About an hour later the doctors came out and a nurse told us that we could go see him now. I rushed right in, but the nurse stopped Jonathan outside to have a word, but I didn't care. I sat in a seat right next to Will and grabbed his hand. He was just waking up from the drugs before they let us in.

Will's pov

I saw Mike rush in the door. He sat in the chair closest to me and I lifted my good arm up with all the strength I could. He immediately grabbed my hand with both of his and held it up to his head as a tear dropped to his feet.

"M-Mike..." I mumbled in the happiest voice I possibly could. I felt my eyes flutter in an effort to keep them open. I wasn't tired I was just so weak.

"Yeah, Will... I'm... *sniffles*... I'm right here..." Mike stuttered.

"Mike...?" I asked

"Yeah what's wrong...?" He said, a little worry in his voice.

There was a long pause. I thought about his promise to always be there for me. I knew I would be in here a while and I wanted it to go quickly. But I wanted him there with me. I was afraid without him. After the long pause I finally spoke. My lips quivered.

"Can you stay with me... please...?"

"hmm... When will you learn? I'll never leave your side. I'll always be right. Here." He said, making a tear drip down my face.

"I love you Mike..." I said without hesitation.

"I love you too..." Mike said, leaning in to me. But before anything happened, Jonathan spedwalk in saying my name and hugging me. He explained how they had waited out there for an hour and that I would be here for about a week (I could still make the Snowball with a day of school to spare!).

They stayed for a couple more hours and kept me calm. And soon Lucas and Dustin arrived. We explained my situation and they stayed for a while. It was getting dark. Eventually Dustin and Lucas' parents came to pick them up. And then Mike's mom came.

"Oh, Will honey, Are you okay? What happened?" She said flustered. She looked at Mike and caressed his cheek in a motherly fashion. And as She talked to Jonathan about me, I saw Mike. He had the same face as when he protected me from Troy, but there were... tears? He was looking at the door window. I saw who he was looking at. It was his father. Mike was shaking, in either rage or sadness. Or both. I reached over and grabbed his hand. I squeezed his hand tightly and he looked over at me. He cracked a fake smile and continued staring at the man in the door.

Mike's mom stayed at chatted with us for a while, but his father never stepped foot inside. Eventually a nurse came into the room. They asked Mike's mother to leave.

"Only immediate family may stay after hours, I'm afraid." She said in a monotone voice.

"Okay, lets go Mike." She said. My eyes widened.

"No! Please let him stay!" I blurted out without thinking. I clutched his hand.

"Is he immediate family?" She said in an annoyed voice.

"I'm his... I'm his boyfriend!" Mike said. I didn't expect that, or for the nurse to care but she gave a surprised look and nodded, probably seeing our hands, believing him.

"Alright, but ma'am you must leave." She told Mike's mom. She agreed and said she'd be here after work the next day or two.

I was glad Mike stayed. I don't know if I could have made it with just Jonathan, even though he's great. But It's... different with Mike. The drugs kept me awake and Mike vowed to stay up as long as he could. Jonathan, however fell asleep in a chair in the corner.

Mike continued to hold my hand as we chatted in the single light over my bed. We talked a lot about the Snow ball. Mike said he was going to wear a suit. I assume he would be the male part of our relationship. Which is fine. I told him how Nancy came over and dressed me up like a girl, but she said I was pretty. And it wasn't overly girly either, it was just like a pretty dress and a gold headband and such. I realized it was probably not a good idea, but Mike said it sounded great. That was a relief.

Over the next week, my mom came and took Jonathan's place for a while. I had lots of IV changes and check ups on my vitals. Mike's mom came and went, as did Lucas Dustin and everyone else. And soon my confinement reached an end. I left the room with Mike and Jonathan. Mike held my waist and my hand as we walked, helping me adjust to walking again, though he was careful not to touch my wound on my side. I had a huge white gauze-like bandage wrapping all around my torso. Jonathan led us to his car, and Mike helped me in.

This time when we got home, Nancy, my mom, Mike's mom, Dustin, Lucas and even Mike's dad (who was sitting in a chair trying to ignore everyone) were there waiting. Mike sat me on the couch next to Dustin and Lucas on one side, and he on my other, his arm around my neck, even in front of everyone. We all gathered around and watched movies and ate dinner. I realized I loved Mike now, and would forever. He was so adorable making sure everything I did was safe and was always there holding my hand wherever I went. Best Homecoming Party ever.

The next day we had school. Mike was a little more cautious with me but still held my hand. He was also even more protective. Troy and James were both suspended for a month or two, and Mike went home to his house that night. Though, Nancy left with me to my house to help me get ready for that night. It was the Snowball... I was so nervous, but Nancy helped tons, and I finally felt confident.

A/N

Mike went home with Jonathan and he helped him get ready lol. Best older siblings ever! Oh, and thanks you guys for 100 READS!!! THAT'S CRAZY!! I just started a couple days ago and can't thank you guys enough. Stay tuned, next chapter will have tons of the feels and warm fuzzies. Bai! 😊

Edit: just so u guys know, I plan on continuing this story for a while!