Chapter One: The Deal

"Jason, you're being ridiculous now."

The voice of the king filled the room, bouncing off the marble walls and surrounding the prince that kneeled just at the foot of the large man's throne. The young man kept his head bowed, less as an act of respect and more as a way to hide the anger on his face.

"You've came of age years ago. The only thing keeping you from taking the throne is a queen to give you an heir."

"No disrespect father, but for the last time I don't want a queen.." Jason growled, yet didn't move from his position. "I do not like females. I prefer having a man in my arms, not a lady."

"Well that isn't my problem," Zeus grumbled. "And it shouldn't be the kingdoms problem that you choose to send away ever suitable woman I send to you."

Jason sighed heavily. He hated that. He hated when his father treated his sexuality as if it was a choice. He was born this way. Why couldn't he see that? But he still said nothing.

"I would maybe even let you carry on your nonsense. But a man can't provide you an heir, now can he?"

"We could-"

"Don't," Zeus snapped, leaning forward on his throne. Jason could almost feel his rancid breath on his head. "Don't you dare suggest we choose one of those fithly village children to take over the throne. It won't happen."

Jason rolled his eyes. Luckily, Zeus didn't see. The king sat back, sighing and rubbing his temples. Jason wasn't sure why he was so tired. He wasn't the one who was judged and scolded for every little thing he did. He wasn't the one who was dragged into this damn room five times a day to hear an old man rant. He wasn't the one most likely about to be forced to have some bastard child with some whore. Being a prince, especially the eldest and only son, wasn't as easy as the bitter people in the village made it sound.

"I don't know why I bother with you. You are dismissed."

Finally, Jason mentally sighed. He was so relieved he almost said the word out loud. He stood up, straightened his clothes. Not once did he look his father in the eye. Jason turned and began to leave the room. But he paused, thinking of something.

"Father?" He turned back to finally look at his father.

"What is it, boy?"

"If I do find a male who can provide me an heir," he spoke slowly. ".. Will you let me bed him?"

The king went silent for a moment, thinking. Then after a moment he snorted and gave his son a nasty grin. "If you manage to find a man that can provide you an heir, I'll hand you the crown the day you prove to me you can get a child him."

Jason hummed, nodding and turning. His father didn't believe he would be able to do it, but Jason would find a way. He then would get his heir and carry on with his life, allowing the man he beds to do the same once the child is born. He would become king and be able to live without the pressure of needing a queen. He'll have the servants raise his bastard and he'll live his life in peace. It was the perfect plan.