Chapter Ten: The Report

"Nothing, Nothing, Nothing!"

Will tugged at his hair, groaning. It's been, what, a week since he's seen his fiance. His mother grabbed her son's wrists, pulling his hands out of his blonde locks. Will sighed, letting his mother hug him.

"It's alright, sweetheart. We'll find him," she spoke in that soft, soothing voice a mother always managed to have. Will felt her hand run up and down his back, somewhat calming him. It didn't do much.

"I just.. what if he's dead?" Will mumbled brokenly, letting the older woman hold him. "I wouldn't be able to stand it.. I begged him to stay.. why didn't I stop him?"

"You were never able to control Nico, darlin'," Naomi pulled back, cupping Will's cheek. "I'm sure he's fine. Don't worry-"

There was suddenly a knock at the door. The Queen stopped, shooting Will a smile before walking to the door of Will's room. She opened it, revealing another guard. She invited him in, walking out of the room to leave the two alone.

"Yes, Malcolm?" Will offered the guard a small smile.

"Some citizens reported they've seen Nico."

Will suddenly went from sluggish with his head in the cloud to alert with wide eyes. "What? Who? Where is he?!"

Malcolm took a step back as Will got closer to him. "I.. He's not in the kingdom. From what they've said, he was taken by guards in false armor who were trying to appear as guards from this kingdom."

Will's heart sunk. Caelum and Procellas may be the wealthiest kingdoms, but they aren't the only two kingdoms in the region. He could be anywhere. "Do.. Do you have any idea what kingdom they could be from?"

"Any of the less fortunate kingdoms could have sent their guards to capture Nico for ransom. Or maybe they didn't know who Nico was and was just wanted him for.. a slave trade.

Will immediately felt sick. Any weirdo or sicko could be terrorizing his Nico right now. And Will couldn't do anything, not knowing where he was of course. He squeezed his eyes shut, recollecting himself before looking at Malcolm. "Send guards to all the kingdoms and search for Nico. Don't come back until you are sure Nico isn't there. And even if you are sure, search again. Be absolutely positive."

Malcolm nodded, turning and leaving the room. Will sighed heavily, rubbing his face with both hands. He wanted to vomit.