Chapter Nine: The Maid

"Let me go!"

Nico slammed his shoulder into the door, wincing as the force made it ache. He's been going for awhile now. What did the Prince want with him?! Nico thought for a moment. The servant said he wanted a carrier. Nico suddenly felt sick, getting an idea of what Jason might just want with him.

"No way in hell is that ass going to touch me.." Nico growled to himself, slamming into the door once more. "Let me ou-"

The door suddenly swung open and Nico fell forward. He was thankfully caught by someone before he hit the floor.

"My my, you poor baby! Look how skinny you are!"

Nico looked up to be met with green eyes. They were soft and held a warmness behind them. Her dark brown hair was pulled up in a bun. The woman was short, maybe the size of him, and slightly chubby. But she was beautiful, especially since she looked older than her voice sounded. The woman helped Nico stand and cupped his face in her hands. The warmth in them made Nico miss his own mother. And Will.

"You poor dear. Come, let's get you cleaned up."

"Wait.." Nico pulled away, taking a step back. "Who are you?"

The woman smiled, taking Nico's hand. "I'm Mila. You can say I'm the "den mother" of the castle. Don't worry, I don't bite."

Nico couldn't help but trust her. Her tone. Her eyes. Just.. her in general seemed so.. motherly. He ended up going from standing, naked other than a pair of boxers, to sitting in a bubble bath while this woman washed his hair. But he wasn't complaining. It was a big, lovely bathroom and it felt so refreshing to be clean.

"So, what's your name darling?" Mila asked as her plump fingers ran through his black curls and messaged his scalp. If Nico was a cat, he'd be a purring mess.

"Nico.." he mumbled. "Nico di Angelo."

"Mila Renko."

"You're so nice..." Nico was almost marveled. "How can you stand it here?"

Mila smiled, sighing. "Believe it or not, I pretty much raised Jason. His sister too."

"Sister?"

"Thalia. She ran away from the castle after Zeus tried to force her into an arranged marriage. Which left just Jason."

Nico hummed and listened to Mila tell stories of when Jason was a little kid. He laughed at a few parts, but stayed quiet for the rest. He had lost track of time once again. It felt like he blinked and suddenly he was sitting in front of the mirror and his hair was clean, fluffy and curly. Mila was hugging him tightly from behind. "You look so cute! Now, I'm going to get you some clothes to change into! You stay right there, okay?" Mila then left the room.

Nico ran his fingers through his clean and unknotted hair. He pulled the towel tighter around himself, sighing. He liked Mila and all, but he needed to get out of there. Before Mr. Princey boy decides to do anything stupid.