Chapter Fifteen: The Suspicion

"What the fuck do you mean?!"

Nico's "stress" had turned into more of a sickness. Certain foods made him vomit and he was craving strange food combinations or even just certain foods in general. Like grapes. Nico didn't think much of grapes before, but now he wanted them almost all the time. Not only that, but he began feeling nauseous for no reason. Not just with certain foods. And using the bathroom became a hassle as well.

Mila has been a sweetheart, hovering over him and fulfilling his every request. Even if Nico begged her to not let him waste her time. She changed the dirty mattress he had to a fresh, clean, and softer one. That and he actually had a pillow and sheets. Although it's only been about a month or less, Nico has grown a small liking to it. Only because of Mila. Thankfully, Jason has yet to come to him for anything. Or show his face at all.

Nico's been begging Mila to find out what was going on with him. She's babied him ever since she found out.. What had happened and was quite angry at Jason for it. But Nico always tried to brush it off as nothing. Mila began suspecting what was going on and told it to Nico.

"Calm down, sweetie. It was only a suggestion and it may not even be true," Mila rested her hand on Nico's arm, trying to calm him. "Besides, it's been too soon.."

"I'm not pregnant.." Nico grumbled, the thought making him sick. He was laying in his bed, the sheets pulled up to his nose and he was facing the wall with Mila behind him. That's the only thing Jason wanted with him anyway. To provide him an heir to his throne. But Nico refused to think it actually happened.

"You're not," Mila ran her fingers through his black locks. "It doesn't work like that. It hasn't been.. Long enough."

"But.. I'm male.." Nico bit his lip. "No one really knows how carriers work. What.. What if-"

"Nico, hun, calm down," Mila interrupted him with a small hush. "We won't know for awhile. Don't work yourself up over nothing."

Nico sighed, shutting his eyes. This wasn't nothing. Nico didn't know what he'd do if he ended up pregnant. He was already disgusted by the thought of it. He didn't want the first child he'd have to be the product of.. This. He wanted his first child to be the child of him and his lover. Nico wouldn't even be able to keep this baby. It would be taken from him and he'd be thrown to the side, now useless to Jason. Not that Nico would want the little bastard.

"Okay," he mumbled softly. "I'm sorry, Mila.."

"Don't be, sweetheart," Mila leaned in and kissed Nico's temple before standing up straight once more. "Would you like me to get anything for you?"

"No, I'm fine," Nico looked at her and smiled weakly. "Thank you."

Mila nodded, returning the smile and turned, leaving the small room. She no longer locked the door, having had Nico promise to not try and run. She knew Jason would have something done about it if, more like when, Nico was caught and she didn't want to see Nico harmed in any sort of way. Well, not any more than he's already been.

Nico sighed, his hand making its way down to rest of his stomach. It was still flat, as it normally was. But Nico knew it took awhile for pregnancy to show. He could be pregnant. There was always a chance. But he wouldn't be able to know until there suddenly was a bump in his stomach, the unborn child's way of saying "I'm here!"

Nico thought the day he would see that bump would be wonderful. It would be made from Will's child and they'd both be overjoyed and so excited for their new little bundle of joy to arrive so they could finally start a family.

But, if it came now, Nico would know it would be Jason's child and that he would be carrying the child of a monster. And he wasn't so excited for that.