Chapter Sixteen: The Tension

"I'm not looking forward to this..."

The guards were currently on their way to Procellas. The guards had to ride on horses, the kingdom's emblem printed on the banners that hung over the horses back just under the saddles. The group was made up of four guards, each wearing silver armor with helments that covered their faces.

They rode up to the walls of the kingdom, the guards already their immediately pointing their swords at them.

"Halt!" One commanded, making it obvious who was leader was. "State- Oh.. Caelum Guards, eh?"

"Evening," One Caelum guard approched. "I'm Xavier, from Caelum."

"I don't care who you are," the Procellas guard growled. "Just.. state your business."

"We are here to search for our prince's fiance," Xavier huffed with an eye roll. "He was kidnapped."

"And that's our problem, how?"

Xavier glared at the guard, riding up closer to the guard. "Listen. The life of a royal is at risk and I will not let you be the reason our future king dies."

The two guards stared at each other for a moment, sizing each other up before the head guard nodded to the others. The gate opened, slowly, but it opened. Xavier nodded and led his group inside the kingdom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Father, no."

Will glared at his parents at their idiotic suggestion. They were all in the dining room. It was dinner time and Will hadn't eaten well since Nico had disappeared. His parents were truly getting worried.

"Will, you need a partner to rule with you. If Nico isn't found soon-"

"I don't become King until you die!" Will snapped, his anger flaring up. Does his father really not care about Nico? He's being so quite to replace him! Nico wasn't some object that can be replaced. Will loved him and wasn't going to stand by and let him be disrespected like this while he wasn't even around to defend himself. "I have plenty of time to find him."

"William, there is only a certain time you can look for a missing person before you start pretty much looking for a corpse. And I'm sorry to say, but that time has passed," Apollo tried to explain slowly, not wanting to upset his son any more than he already had. Sadly, that didn't work.

"Nico is alive!" Will's voice raised, desperation making itself clear. "He is not dead! And I will not replace him with some whore!"

With that, Will turned and stormed out of the room. Apollo stood to go after him, only for Naomi to pull him back down. "Give him time," she said softly, intertwining her fingers with his. "He's stressed. He really loved that boy and the thought of him being in danger hurts him. But I'm sure he'll be fine."

"We aren't going to find him," Apollo sighed, rubbing his temples. "It's been too long. He has to be dead.."