Chapter Fourteen: The Order

"You looked everywhere?"

"Yes, my prince, everywhere," The guard sighed, defeat hanging in their voice. "We've turned every other kingdom upside down. Your fiance is no where to be found. So unless he isn't in a kingdom, or-"

"Don't," Will groaned softly, his face in his hands. He knew exactly how that sentence ended, and didn't need or want to be told. Dead.  He refused to believe his lover was dead, just because his kingdom was apparently not safe enough for him to roam when he pleased.

"We're so so sorry, my prince.."

Will thought for a moment before turning to his guards. "Have.. Have you checked Procellas?"

The guards stiffened at the name of their rival kingdom. They had no power there. It was just as wealthy and large as Caelum, and although no one would admit it, maybe more. They had very skilled guards. Walls that almost nothing could bring down. Yes, Caelum had those things as well. But it was difficult to fight something if one wasn't stronger than the other.

"M-My prince.. How would we even find a way into Procellas to check?" One guard spoke up, hesitance in his words.

Will's eyes hardened. "So you haven't checked Procellas?"

"Prince Will-"

"I asked a simple question," Will cut them off with a wave of his hand. "I expect a simple answer. Have you searched Procellas for Nico? Yes or no?"

The guards went quiet. Searching Procellas hadn't even came to their minds. How would they manage? Surely the king wouldn't take kindly to his kingdom being ransacked like a house during a robbery. And if Nico was there, that could possibly send the two kingdoms to war. Will would surely see it as if the royal family of Procellas was trying to start a fight by kidnapping the Prince's fiance, and his parents would certainly side with their son.

"N-No, my prince," one guard answered anyway, not able to stand the tension any longer. "We have not searched Procellas for your fiance."

"Well there you go," Will said. "So he just may be in a kingdom."

"My prince, think reasonably here," the lead guard of the search stepped forward. "Procellas is the size of this very kingdom. It could take days, even weeks to search the whole place like it did when searching here."

"Well then you better start looking," Will responded, coldly. "You are dismissed."

The guards turned and left the throne room. There was nothing else they could say. A King's word was law. And while Will wasn't king just yet, he was still to be respected as such, being the first born and only child of the King and Queen. They headed out and began to prepare for a long search.