T W E N T Y T H R E E

"Seungcheol no!" The desperate scream echoed through Seungcheol's ear.

His right foot, that was already stepping out onto the space with no concrete to support him, remained in place. His body didn't budge. His head, however, turned to the side, facing Chan.

There were tears visible in his eyes, the eyes that stared at Chan with sadness and happiness, with love and regret, with sorrow and joy.

Seungcheol only smiled at Chan. Smiled like when they were cuddling, or out on dates. Chan felt his chest aching, like there was a knife piercing his heart.

"I'm so sorry but I love you..." Seungcheol said, almost inaudibly, his voice cracking in the middle of the sentence.

Chan watched as his foot sunk into the air. Before he could fall Chan and Junhui sprinted over to him, each grabbing on one of his wrists. They pulled as hard as they could, and, since the man had gotten thinner, it was easy for the two to pull him up.

Chan looked at the man's face. It looked lifeless, and he wasn't moving.

"Call the ambulance!" Jun told the younger as he picked up Seungcheol to bring him downstairs.

Chan nervously typed the emergency number.

"Good day how can we help?" The feminine voice from the other side asked.

"M-My friend- He isn't waking up!" Chan desperately yelled through the phone, trying to keep up with Junhui sprinting down the stairs.

   "Ok calm down Sir, we already located your call and sent an ambulance your way. Is he breathing?" The woman asked.

   "Is Seungcheol breathing?" Chan asked Jun, who put his index and his middle finger in the older's neck, to check his pulse.

   Junhui quickly nodded.

   "He is." Chan told the woman.

   She started giving the boys instructions on what to do until the ambulance arrived, and so they did what they were told, once they reached the bottom floor.

   "All of you stand away from here! Could any of you breathe with a crowd around you!?" Chan exclaimed, facing the crowd choking the boys.

   The people slowly stepped back, allowing Jun to do what the lady was saying in a more efficient way.

   Soon, a big, white van stopped in front of the building and three paramedics came sprinting.

   Two of them carried the man inside, with the support of a third one. Chan sprinted to the back of the ambulance.

   "Can I go with him?" He asked, his eyes red from all the crying.

   "Are you related to him?" The male paramedic asked.

   Chan hesitated before answering.

   "Y-yes. Yes I'm his boyfriend." He confidently said.

   The three let Chan in, who held Seungcheol's hand as soon as he took place in the ambulance.

   "What happened?" One of the paramedics asked.

   "It's complicated, but it resumes to Seungcheol wanting to kill himself, however, as he was about to jump from the building, me and his friend pulled him up. When we did he was already like unconscious." Chan explained with the least shaky voice he could.

   The paramedics nodded and, in no time, they arrived the hospital.

   Chan watched as his lover was carried inside the hospital. The boy never thought something could look so terrifying. He never thought something could scare him. Chan wasn't particularly scared by the dark, by the monsters in movies or even by the horrid news of murderers and kidnapers, but this, this was different. There was nothing that scared Chan and made him sick as much as seeing his lover on his deathbed, being taken away to what might be the his last destination.

   The boy waited silently in the waiting room, slouched on the hard chair, doing nothing but facing the wall with the most empty stare.

   "Are you the young man that came in with Mr. Choi?" A man asked after a long couple of minutes.

   Chan instantly stood up, his widened eyes meeting the nurse's.

   "Yes, yes I am." He said in a hopeful voice.

  "Mr. Choi is stable as of right now. He hasn't woken up yet though. Our analysis was inconclusive, although we assume his unconsciousness is due to the lack of protein, vitamin and sugars in his body. He was incredibly dehydrated, he was also extremely underweight for a man his age and stature. You may now visit him." The nurse informed.

  "Oh, t-thank you." Chan thanked and bowed to the kind nurse, before walking in the room.

   He smiled at how beautiful Seungcheol somehow still looked. He grabbed the older's hand and smiled. Although it wasn't a happy smile. It was the saddest smile. Sad because Seungcheol was laying on a bed that wasn't his, and not with him. He was laying in a bed that, opposed to what Chan was used to, wasn't filled with laughter and joyful, memorable moments.

   "Hi Cheollie... I'm sorry I didn't listen to you... I'm sorry I didn't give you another chance... I-I'm sorry I made you suffer. I'm sorry I only thought of how bad I was having it. I'm sorry I didn't realize you were the cure to my wounds."