Meet Magnus Bane

Alec studied the floor plan and found his name on it. He lifted his suitcases again and walked towards the room.

In front of the door he took a deep breath and then he walked in.

He expected to be greeted by his new roommate but he wasn’t here.

Alec sighed in relief and put down his baggage. He investigated the room.

His roommate had already arranged his stuff on one side of the room, so Alec took the other one.

He sat down on the bed and got rid of his backpack and his jacket. Then he took out his phone and texted his family that he had landed and arrived well.

His eyes moved to his roommates furniture. Everything looked fancy and some things where even glittering.

Alec was confused. He had seen that Magnus loved to wear fancy outfits and makeup, but he did not expect that much glitter.

The door swung open and Alec shrugged from the sudden action.

His new roommate stood in front of him and grinned brightly.

He wore tight black jeans and a purple T-Shirt with the words ‘bi, gotta go’ on it. His black hair was spiked up and his eyes were circled with dark eyeshadow.

“Alexander, right?”, he grinned and offered Alec a hand.

“Yea. Just Alec.”, Alec blushed as he took Magnus’ hand.

“Magnus Bane.”, Magnus introduced himself and smirked at Alec with a smile that made Alec blush even more.

He gazed at Magnus. His appearance was so self-confident, Alec was a little bit nervous. He told himself to start new as a confident person as well, but Magnus was just intimidating.

“So, Alexander.” Magnus voice brought Alec back to reality and he let go of his hand blushing again.

“How was your trip?”, Magnus asked smirking as he went to his desk to sit on it.

“Ehm … good … I guess.”, Alec stuttered and stared at his feet.

What was he doing? Magnus was just a normal boy, why was he acting like a jerk?

“That’s good to hear.”, Magnus said.

“And yours?”, Alec hurried to say. He wouldn’t want to seem disinterested or unfriendly.

“Good too, I guess.”, Magnus smiled at Alec.

Alec nodded and felt a blush again. Damn it, Alec!

“You’re not that much of a people person, aren’t you?”, Magnus asked while he was still looking at Alec, eyeing him up.

Alec shook his head.

“Sometimes I think I’m not even a person.”, he tried to play it cool.

What? What the hell was he thinking saying this? Could he be more stupid?
He hated himself for his comment, but Magnus burst out a short laugh.

“You look like a person to me.”, he giggled and took a seat on the chair in front of his desk.

Alec blushed again. Seriously, could his body just stop doing that? It was just a normal conversation.

“I took this side, I hope it’s okay. We can change if you want.”, Magnus said gesturing at his bed.

“Oh no, it’s fine.”, Alec answered quickly.

“Okay good. It was a hell of a work to put all my stuff in that little wardrobe.”, he sight and pointed angrily at his wardrobe.

Alec eyed the closet. It was as big as his ones at home and he was sure after unpacking his things he would still have much space left.

Magnus gazed at him again.

“So I guess you want to unpack. I’ll leave you alone then.”, he declared and stood up.

Alec followed his moves with his eyes. Magnus was just so elegant, even the way he walked was breathtaking. Alec blinked confused.

“Where are you going?”, he asked before Magnus could leave the room.

Magnus turned to him and smiled.

“Some people are meeting in the cafeteria to celebrate the arrival and everything. You can come too, if you want.”, Magnus offered.

Alec shrugged when he thought about going to a party.

“I’ll see. I want to unpack first.”, he answered already knowing  that he would end up staying in his room the whole evening.

“I hope you’ll come.”, Magnus smiled before he closed the door.

Alec sighed. How could he ever fit such a sparkling extroverted person? But Magnus said he wanted him to join the party, so maybe he himself wasn’t that boring.

He raised from his bed and started to unpack his stuff. Then he got his book out of his backpack and started reading.

As soon as he smelled the pages smell he started to relax. He dived deep in the book and was happy about the little distraction from his thoughts and the new area. The book felt familiar, not like everything else.

His phone rang.

Confused he answered it.

“Hey, big bro!”, his sister smiled.

Alec sighed.

“Hey, Iz.”

“Soooo how is it?”, his sister wanted to know.

Alec shrugged his shoulders.

“Ok … I think.”, he answered. What should he say? He has only been there for a couple hours.

“How is your roommate? I've searched him on social media. I absolutely have to meet him! He needs to give me some fashion advice!”, his sister sounded so excited it was ridiculous.

“He seems nice. I don’t know. We only talked for like five minutes.”, Alec mumbled.

Izzy laughed.

“Stop being so shy, Alec. Go out, make some friends! Stop being a loner, start getting some dick!”, Izzy smiled.

“Izzy!”, Alec hissed shocked.

His sister laughed.

“I was joking, Alec. Calm down. But seriously. Get out of your room!” With that she hang up.

Alec stared at his phone. Maybe she was right and Magnus told him to come so at least he would not be alone.