Dinner

The room was filled with silence.

Alec watched Magnus concerned but Magnus just stared at his own hands and played with one of his rings.

Alec did not know what to say. But he had to say something due the fact that Magnus did not look like he'd start.

"Magnus, I'm sorry...", he started but Magnus interrupted him.

"No. You're right.", he admitted and looked at Alec.
"I should have told you about my father. I was just afraid that you would treat me like a poor little boy that just lost his dad. Because I'm not. I was aware of his death but even though it affected me in some way.", he continued.

Alec watched him worried. He seemed to be sad or concerned about something.

"Of course you're not a little boy, Mags.", Alec started and touched Magnus' cheek softly.
"I just, I want to know what's going on in your life. I want you to trust me, that's all.", he let him know.

Magnus smiled sadly.

"I do trust you. I just don't want to be treated as if I lost the last person of my family because he wasn't part of my family. You are. And Catarina and Ragnor and Raphael. But not my dad.", Magnus admitted.

Alec blushed and watched him in awe.

"If I treat you like that it is because I love you so much and don't want to see you suffer.", he tried to smooth over the fact that he loved it that Magnus called him family.

Magnus watched him with tears in his eyes.

"When I'm with you there is nothing I suffer about.", he told Alec and leaned in to kiss him softly.

Alec answered the kiss more than happy and pulled Magnus close to hold him. He did never want to let go of him again.

When dinner was ready they went down stairs.

"Alec!", Alec's little brother Max shouted as soon as he saw him. He had had Basketball training so he had just got home.

Alec got down on his knees to greet him. Max was a little small for his age that was why Alec was a little overprotective when it came to him.

Max wrapped his arms around Alec's neck and hugged him tightly.

Alec pulled him close and grinned happily. He'd always had a good relationship with his siblings and not seeing especially his youngest brother for half a year was hard for him.

When Max freed himself from Alec's arms he smiled widely and then watched Magnus curious.

Alec followed his gaze and found Magnus watching them in awe.

"So Max, that is Magnus, my boyfriend.", he introduced him. Max was ten already, so he understood the meaning of boyfriend pretty well.

Magnus bent down a little and offered Max his hand.

"It's an honor to meet you, young man.", Magnus grinned.

Max watched him in confusion but took his hand.

"You are both boys.", he mentioned.

Alec blushed and looked at Magnus helpless. How should he explain his sexuality to his brother?

Magnus smiled kindly.

"True, but it doesn't matter what gender you are as long as you love each other.", he let Max know in a soft voice.

Alec eyed him up. He was so adorable speaking with Max.

Max nodded and watched the two of them.