Chapter 8

Louise

10 years ago.

"Ha! Try and get your bag, fag," said the alpha bully, Clark, as he passed my bag to another bully.

"Come and get it," said another bully, Howard, as he passed it back to Clark.

"Come on guys, give it back already!" I begged desperately to get my bag back.

"What would you do if we won't, Louise the Faggypants?" Clark mocked as he pushed me effortlessly.

"Yeah what would you do?" said Howard as he pushed me too.

I wiped the beads of sweat on my face with the back of my hand. Their constant pushing and nagging made me exhausted. These were the days that I wish that I did not exist.

"Stop already!" I shouted as I pushed Clark with clenched teeth but the push which I gave so much strength into seemed to be ineffective. He didn't even moved an inch.

"You're dead meat faggot!" Clark snarled as he dropped my bag on the ground.

I rolled my eyes. Drama Queen.

Clark's hand turned into a fist as it lifted it up high in the air. He was about to hit me straight in the face when someone intervened. I closed my eyes and shielded my face with my elbow. 

Not my beautiful face, bitch.

"Stop!" said a young voice from behind me.

Clark's fist stopped moments before it made contact with my face. I sighed in relief as I opened my eyes slowly. 

"Stay away from him!" the voice said as it went nearer to us.

"Who do you think you are?" Clark asked, stepping forward begging for a fight. 

"I'm Stanford Koch. And if you don't stay away from him I'll call my dad!" Stan warned with steeled conviction in his eyes.

"Who do you think you are!?" Clark growled stepping closer. I snickered a small laugh.

Was his vocabulary limited to 'who do you think you are!?'

"He's the owner of that mansion near the school, Clark. I think he also owns the university." Howard whispered, grabbing Clark by the hand.

I noticed how Clark's expression changed to that of a rabid dog to a lost little puppy. 

"Let's go Howard!" I heard Clark clicked his tongue as he backed down and went away.

That's right, run away bitch!

I picked up my bag and checked if my books and notes were still in perfect shape inside. Good thing they were.

"I'll come and get you next time, faggypants!" Clark shouted from afar. I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

Being bullied at school and getting names such as "faggot, ""gay" or the classic, "faggypants" has been a normal routine for me. 

Clark, the mentally-deprived dog who uses muscles for brains, and Howard the closeted gay in love with Clark has been bullying me since I started school. Someone who hates you normally hates you for two reasons. It's either they see you as a threat or they want to be you. In Howard's case, it was the latter.

I touched the ground and felt the cold concrete as I gestured to stand. 

"Are you okay?" Stan said offering his hand. 

I grabbed a hold of his hand tight and got up, staring deep into his dark blue eyes. The moment I stood up, I felt a sharp pain on my elbow. I checked and I saw blood.