Chapter 16

Louise 

"What is this sorcery?" Altair asked, his mouth filled with pizza. "It's attacking my mouth!"

"It's called pizza, you uncultured swine," Mark replied, fixing his gaze on my face.

I smiled awkwardly, trying to avert my eyes from his. We only met minutes ago, and he's acting like we were close friends or something.

"Don't call me that!" Altair stood up from his stool, banging his palm on the table bar made out of marble. "I am Altair, a proud warrior of the celestials!"

Mark broke his gaze and stood up. "You wanna go, Starboy?"

Altair's eyes sharpen, and the air around us sizzled. A small surge of panic started to fill me on the inside. I stood up, me in the middle and said, "stop acting like kids gentlemen!"

Altair sat back down with a pout, still stuffing his mouth with pizza. His eyes glinted with amazement everytime he chewed. The sight of him being like a kid just because of pizza filled me with indescribable warmth and joy.

"Forgive me if I only got to serve you pizza tonight," Mark said, standing up from the metal stool. "I wasn't expecting visitors, after all."

I took a bite of the pizza, letting the flavors explode in my mouth. The cheese mixed with the salty flavor of bacon overwhelmed my taste buds.

"Pizza is more than enough." I genuinely smiled. The events that had happened made me forgot that I have never eaten anything ever since my attempted suicide.

I glanced over the direction of Altair; a small smile appeared on my lips. I also never thanked him for saving me and for giving me another reason to live.

"I'm glad you like the pizza," Mark replied, breaking me free from my sudden trance.

"I mean, who doesn't love pizza?" I chuckled, taking another bite.

He chuckled back. "I know both of you must be starving, but I need to show you to your room."

"Can I take a box or two with me?" I asked, turning my gaze to the great amount of pizza right in front of me. Missing out on these pizzas would be like missing out on paradise.

"Of course," he replied with a smile.

"Altair, come on, we need to go to our rooms," I said, stacking boxes on my hand.

"Why?" Altair replied, mouth stuffed with pizza.

I laughed, "don't worry, I'll take pizza with me."

"I think I did not make it clear, you two will share rooms," Mark suddenly announced. "It was Luna's orders, for security purposes she said."

Altair's eyes brightened, joy evident in his features. I'm unsure if it was because of the pizza or the fact that we would share rooms.

"Let's go with haste!" Altair said, placing another box on my stack.

It's the pizza, of course.

Mark started leading the way. We left the dining area and made our way to the grand staircase that I saw when I first arrived. It was as marvelous as I first laid my eyes on it. The base was made out of marble, the railings were from antique wood.

We passed to a long hallway with countless wooden doors. One thing that I noticed in the manor is that there were vases filled with water spread everywhere.

Our shoes making contact with the marbled floor produced loud stepping sounds that filled the hallway. After passing countless doors, we finally stopped in front of a wooden door, probably the largest.

"This will be your room." Mark opened the door for us.

Excitement overwhelmed me when I caught a glimpse of a bookshelf. It was placed at one corner of the spacious room. It was humongous and was filled with countless of books.

I handed the stacks of pizza boxes to Altair and made my way to the large bed with haste. The balcony windows on each side of the bed made the light of the Moon invade the room. I spread both of my hands and laid down the soft mattress.

I closed my eyes shut and let myself be overwhelmed by the serenity and peace, the light of the moon bathing my soul.

"If you have any concern, call for my name and I'll definitely be there," Marc said, closing the door. A loud yet gentle thud filled the room when the door closed.

Altair made his way towards me slowly, his steps heavy. My eyes still shut, could sense his presence coming to my direction. He sat down the bed, the mattress sinking to where he was at. He placed the boxes of pizza by his side.

"Thank you." I opened my eyes and placed both of my hands by my head.

"For what?" Altair tilted his head to the side, his eyes with a sky full of stars piercing mine.

"For giving me a reason to live." I smiled, the crinkles by the side of my eyes appearing.

I flinched when I felt a warm sensation on my forehead. His lips were warm and it radiated down to every fiber of my soul. The Moon graced us with his peaceful light, the tranquility of everything making the moment felt right. It was one of the most precious moments in my life.

"Thank you for making me feel like human," Altair replied, his smile making my insides swell up with joy.

I got up and leaned closer to his face, the warmth of his skin radiating to mine. I gaze deeper into his galaxy eyes and opened my lips slightly.

I was about to go for a kiss when he suddenly turned to the right side. He took a box of pizza and opened it.

"And thank you for introducing me to pizza," he said, stuffing his cheek with food.

I smiled then laughed out loud. He tilted his head to the side while chewing. "Are you okay?"

"Altair, really, I'm thankful." I took a pizza and devoured it with three bites.

"Whoa, how did you do that?" Altair asked, amazement evident in his voice.

"It's a sacred art." I grinned and took another pizza.

"Teach me!" Altair replied, getting his own slice of pizza.

"Very well then, my humble student," I laughed. 

And, the end. 

Just kidding, more drama will cum. Mowahahahahhahaha. 

This chapter was rushed and if you spot any mistakes, I'm sorry and I hope you pointed them all out. 

I'm also sorry for the delay.

A big thank you for MBHB just reached 4k reads. ♥

Please do tell me what do you think of this chapter. 

Question: Do you have any favorite folk music? 

Love, Jun.