Chapter 10

Altair

Beads of sweat started to take form on my forehead and my breathing became more shallow in every moment that passed. I used the back of my free hand to wipe it off my head. I gripped my golden sword tighter within my clutch feeling the heat from my golden sword as the remaining demons and Leviathan regrouped.

"Do you have a plan?" I muttered under my breath, directing my attention to the bowed huntress beside me.

"Oh, baby I do," she replied, wearing a confident grin. "Let's get wild," she added, her grin turning into an excited and lively smirk.

I guess, there is no plan.

She grabbed a silver arrow from her back and with amazing precision and swift, she shot it directly to the head of one of the surviving demon. Just when it was about to make contact, Leviathan's slimy tail grabbed the arrow midair.

"Damn," she muttered under her breath. Having Leviathan here will not make things easy.

The three remaining demons and Leviathan, turned their gaze towards us. They hissed together like snakes. One of the demons summoned a sword into his hand, the second one summoned a spear whilst the last one summoned a crossbow. I can sense their thirst for blood even from this distance.

Leviathan on the other hand, leaped out to the ocean. Leviathan is one of the seven princes of hell. He governs the water and has absolute control over the element. He can bend the water under his will. We are in an island surrounded by a massive amount of water, he can simply send a big tsunami to swallow the whole island. I glanced over to the direction of Louise, my concern growing in every passing second.

"Don't worry," Luna reassured me as if she sensed my worry. "We are in my home island. I promise you that nothing will happen to that little mate of yours," she added, furrowing her brows directly at the demons approaching us.

She swiftly grabbed two arrows from her back and fired it directly to the approaching demons. I was certain that the arrows will hit their targets when suddenly it was deflected. The demon with the crossbow deflected them with ease, puncturing the arrows directly to the sand.

I quickly made my way to the demons approaching us, halting them in their progress to Luna's direction. My golden sword made contact with the demon with the spear, sending sizzles and sparks in the air. I added more pressure and strength directly to the spear, feeling the sand burying my feet. I was about to make my way to the demon with the sword when I was confronted by the speared demon.

"You're my prey," he hissed, his pitch-black eyes giving off my face's reflection.

"Luna!" I warned her, turning my head towards her direction.

"Do not fret! This is a piece of cake," she exclaimed, as barrages of arrows fired out from her bow only to be deflected by more arrows.

"I have to do something about that crossbow," I thought to myself.

"I despise prey who does not feel like they are being hunted," the speared demon swung his spear up into the air and assaulted me with tremendous strength, breaking me from my thinking. I parried the spear's assault by holding my sword vertically, burrowing me deeper to the sand. I officially hate spears.

I grunted under my breath trying to think of a way to actually get away from his overwhelming strength whilst taking down the demon with the crossbow. Watching Luna exterminate them with ease made me forget that demons are much more powerful beings than heavenly bodies. And not to mention Leviathan under the deep ocean maybe channeling a powerful spell.