Chapter 13

Luna

The amazing golden light from the deep ocean made both of our attention drift to the water. It shone for a minute or two before it immediately disappeared.

"Guess, we'll be having sushi tonight." I directed a smirk to the direction of Levi.

"Don't get too full of yourself!" he replied as he summoned a stream of water.

His hand flowed majestically and slowly just like the waves. He first swayed backward then he pushed forward opening both of his palms, sending countless of frozen spikes to my direction.

I directed both of my hands to the direction of the ocean. I lifted a stream of water to my front. I spread both of my hands up in the air and froze the water producing an ice shield.

The spikes went deeper to my ice shield. The sound of the cracking ice filled up the air. I pierced my gaze to the demon's blue eyes through the cracked wall of ice.

"You're going down!" I roared.

Leviathan just rolled his eyes and cackled annoyingly.

"You can just use those two rings you know?" he mocked.

'You're the moon, you aren't Saturn, what will you do with those?" he added with a smug smile on his face.

He placed his left hand to his waist and his other hand to fix his white hair. He then continued his mocking laugh, trying to support his own joke.

"This will end you," I replied flicking both of my hands and my left knee in the air.

The wall of ice immediately melted and the water shortly came to my side. I then swung my right hand to my back and forced both of my left limbs to the direction of Levi. The stream of water became a water whip that made its way to the demon.

Leviathan slowly turned around, dodging the first strike of the whip. I then swayed my hands imitating the movement of the waves sending another strike. This time Levi swiftly summoned a stream of water from the ocean.

His hand along with his body swayed to the side and directed his own water whip to my direction. Our water whips danced in the moonlit night, parrying each other's strikes. Droplets of water dropped to the sandy beach immediately.

Levi strikes with speed and ease. He was definitely faster and his actions were definitely more precise than mine.

"What's happening my dear moon? Getting old already?" he mocked while swaying his hands side to side.

"I may be old, but I am gold," I grinned mischievously as I placed my whip horizontal to my front.

I clenched both of my fist together and placed it in front. The water whip remained still and calm until I opened both of my palms. The water separated producing a thin wall of water that surrounded me. I forced my palm to the water producing sharp, pointy ice to the direction of Levi.

A great number of sharp ice sliced the air making its way to the jerk. Levi on the other hand, swayed side to side, dodging each shard with ease. I intensified the actions of my palms and more shards came.

Leviathan still never got hit even once. He melted some of the ice that he couldn't dodge and destroyed some with his disgusting tail. His white hair ruffled in the air while a small smug smile made its way to his annoying face.

He then summoned a great stream of water to his side. He froze the stream of water immediately creating a high wall of ice. He then leaped to the top of the ice and glided with great swift. He leaned forward, imitating the stance of wave riders. I continued my relentless attacks only for it to not connect with the annoying demon.

What I wouldn't give to make the damned demon bleed, I groaned.

His white hair was pushed back to the back of his head. He placed both of his hands to the side with a stream of water following its path that he used to extend the wall. He was gliding in the ice majestically and masterfully.

I continued forcing my palm to the thin water that was surrounding me producing more shards of ice. The ice never connected with his body even once, his speed made him impossible to hit. He raced towards the end of the wall and when he made his way to the edge, a small mischievous grin appeared on his lips that made my insides grumble. The behemoth wall of ice was surrounding me like a prison.

"Checkmate," he smirked, and with a snap of a finger, the high wall of ice melted immediately.

Rough and unforgiving amount of water made its way to my body. The two rings surrounding me disappeared as it blended in with the waves. Levi then lifted the water high up in the air, forming a bubble made from water.

It took me a moment to adjust my vision to the blurry and salty water. I ordered the element to take me out of the prison. I punched the bubble trying to break free, but to no avail.

"Ha, now all I have to do is to drown you and I will get the star and the fountain," he said from the outside the bubble swaying his hands.

I froze some of the ice inside and pushed it to the direction of the demon. The jerk easily destroyed them with his tail.

"You and the ice moves are getting old," he mocked.

He then clenched on his fist tighter controlling the bubble. The water as if became alive. It gripped my neck, violently. I thrashed inside the water producing countless bubbles as air escaped my lungs.

The pressure of the grip tightened in every passing second. Shortly after, my hearing became impaired and all I could absorb was this strange buzzing sound. My vision becoming blurrier as I thrashed more and more trying to break free from the intense grip.

I must not return to the moon like this. I must protect my moon child, I thought as I gather all my lunar energy to my left hand trying to freeze the water around me.

"Babe, I really need your help now!" I closed my eyes and prayed.

"I'll end you now!" Levi shouted from the outside as the grip on my neck tightened.

It felt like my neck was about to split in two. I groaned and writhed in agony inside the bubble as little by little the oxygen inside my lungs escape. Just when I was about to accept my impending end, the moon shone like the sun as it lit up the entire island just like it was midafternoon. The light immediately disappeared just like a small firework display. My whole body sparkled as the whole bubble froze and dispersed in the air. I fell to the sandy beach violently, limping and coughing.

"How!? Doesn't matter, I'm going to end you now!" he growled as he summoned a stream of water.

He froze the stream of water in his hand to produce an ice sword. He lifted the sword high up in the air, the moon making it shine. I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply.

Sorry, my moon child, I tried, I thought to myself as a tear fell down to my right cheek.

Just when the cold sword was about to connect with my body, a familiar roar filled up the air. When I opened my eyes, barrages of streams of golden fire was attacking the demon. Levi defended from the relentless assaults with water. Each stream of fire vaporized in the air as it released a sizzling sound.

"Are you okay?" Altair asked as he held out his hand to me.

* * * * * 

Oya oya oya! Thanks for patiently waiting for the update. I was really, really, really suffering from procrastination last week that's why the updates were delayed. 

I also added a prologue, I know, I know, it's too late for it. But please do check it out for it will play a big part in the story. I finally got the whole plot drawn in my head lol. 

Anyways, please do comment any error that you will spot and please do give me feedback or any comments, may it be negative or positive. I love reading them all. 

Have a fun summer beautiful souls! 

Love, Jun 

xoxo