Papyrus x heartbroken!reader

You were sitting next to the table that Sans' pet rock sat on. You were still upset that Papyrus friendzoned you. You actually kind of liked him, even if he put you up against several dangerous puzzles, and tried to capture you. You were rubbing the tiredness out of your eyes and fiddling with your thumbs. You don't know how long you were sitting there, before Sans came up to you.

"What's up, kiddo?" He asked. You just shrugged and sighed. "Heh. Still bummed that Papyrus rejected you?" He asked with a chuckle. You nodded. "Well, Papyrus has never been in a relationship before, so he doesn't exactly know how to accept love." he said. "Sorry if he hurt your feelings." "It's alright." you replied. "It's not his fault. I mean, he barely got time to know me before we went on a date." Sans chuckled and said, "That's true. Anyways, what are you going to do now?" You just sighed and said, "Well, I might as well continue my way through the underground. It's not like I've got much else to do." "You could stay with us." Sans offered. "Thanks, but no thanks." you replied. "I appreciate the offer, Sans, but I would feel a little depressed living in the same house of the one I like who doesn't like me back." He shrugged and said, "That's understandable." 

He helped you up off of the floor, and you waved goodbye as you walked out the door into the freezing cold temperature of Snowdin.

You were getting towards the border of it, when suddenly, "HUMAN!" A familiar voice called. You looked back to see Papyrus running up to you. "Yeah, Papyrus?" You asked, trying to hide your little blush. "W-WELL... I-I WAS J-JUST TALKING W-WITH SANS BEFORE I WAS ABOUT TO HEAD OUT TO MEET WITH MY SUPERIOR, UNDYNE!" He said. "H-HE TOLD ME HE TALKED TO YOU AFTER OUR DATE." I felt my face heat up with a stronger blush. I looked away and brushed my hair in front of my face to hide it. "W-What did he say?" You asked, scratching the back of your neck. "W-WELL, HE TOLD ME THAT YOU WERE UPSET WITH BEING FRIENDS WITH ME!" He said. 'Oh God. Don't tell me Sans told you that I actually like you.' You thought. 'That'll be so embarrassing.' You cleared your throat and looked up to him. "H-HE SAID YOU WANTED T-TO BE MORE THAN FRIENDS!" He said. "U-Uhm... kinda?" You said, more like in question though. "S-SO I, T-THE GREAT P-PAPYRUS, HAVE D-DECIDED TO M-MAKE YOU MY BEST FRIEND!" He declared. 

Your shoulders slumped, and your heart dropped. That really hurt. You were hoping he would understand, but he was just too naive. "Thank you, Papyrus." you said, giving him a fake smile. "HUMAN?! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!" He asked. "I'm fine. Why do you ask?" You asked, wondering why he asked that. "YOU'RE CRYING!" He said. 'I am?' You thought. You reached up and touched your cheeks, there were in fact tears sliding down them. Looks like your soul was so hurt, that you couldn't fake the heart break. 

"WHAT'S WRONG, HUMAN?!" He asked, placing his hands on your shoulders. "ARE YOU HURT?!" The tears kept sliding down your face, but you started chuckling. "Yeah." you said. "I'm pretty hurt alright." He knelt down and lifted you up to meet his face, since he was still pretty tall. "WHERE ARE YOU HURT?!" He asked, looking all over you. "SHOULD I BRING YOU TO ALPHYS?!" "No. No. It's not that kind of hurt, Papyrus." you said. It was hard to get words out, since you were trying to hold in the sobs. "WELL, WHAT IS IT THEN?!" He asked. "It's a pain in my heart, Papyrus." you said. "Someone I know, and really really like broke my heart." "WHO?!" He asked. "Y-Y..." you couldn't tell him that he broke your heart. He wouldn't understand. So, you pried his arms off of you and ran towards Waterfall.

"HUMAN! WAIT!" He called, but you didn't stop. You couldn't face him anymore with this hurt. You dashed past Sans' station on the border between Snowdin and Waterfall. "Hey, kid!" He yelled when he saw you running, but you didn't stop to talk. You just kept on running.

After running for a long time, you were out of breath. You were hiding behind the waterfall by the bridge with the echo flower, to avoid Papyrus finding you again. The tears had stopped falling from your cheeks, but you were still upset. Papyrus broke your heart twice now, and you didn't know what to do. Maybe you should just go face Undyne and have her kill you. You were too hurt to go on, so letting go seemed like the best option. You made your decision now.