Cat! Sans x Cancer! Reader

~A/N~ I do not own the art

Your nurse was bringing in a cat from the humane society for you. You had cancer, so it wasn't really good for you to go out. They were bringing you a white tabby cat that had blue stripes. You said you were going to name him Sans, after the font. Your family liked to give funny names to your pets.

Your nurse came in the door with a cage. "Here you are, (y/n)." she said. "Your new cat." "Thank you, Mellie." you said. She helped you up off the couch. "If you need anything, at anytime, just call me, and I'll come right over." she said. "I will. Thank you." you said. She waved, and left.
(I did a little bit of research on this. Some people who have certain diseases have a nurse. The nurse doesn't stay at the house, but they are available at anytime, and come right when their patient calls.)

You walked up to the cage, opened the door, and reached in to pet Sans. But when your hand went in, you got scratched. You whimpered a bit, and went into the kitchen to clean the scratch. After cleaning it up, you but a bandage with some ointment on it. At your state, you couldn't have any cuts, or it would allow more viruses and bacteria to get into your body. 

You decided that Sans needed some time to get used to his new home, so you decided to get his food ready. You slowly bent down and filled his bowls with food and water. After you walked away, you decided to make yourself some soup to warm up. 

Sans came padding into the kitchen. He saw his food bowls, and walked up to them, giving the contents a sniff. He put on a cat scowl, and knocked the bowls over. He then meowed in complain. You furrowed your brows, confused by his actions. But, you got the broom and swept up his mess, and used some paper towels to wipe up the water. You had to go slow, because you needed to conserve your energy for fighting the cancer.

Sans jumped on your back and scratched you left shoulder. You cried out, and stood up quickly, nearly causing you to faint. You reached back and felt blood, so you grabbed a tissue and held in on the wound to stop the bleeding. You then called your nurse to come help you bandage it. She came over and asked if you wanted to return the cat, but you said no. "He's just getting used to me." you said. "Soon he'll calm down and see that I'm his friend." "Okay. Just call me if you need help with anything." she said. You nodded, and then she left.

Over the next two weeks, Sans had not warmed up one bit. You got several scratches from him, and it hurt badly to disinfect them. He always knocked his food and water bowls over, he would take up the couch, and he sometimes tried to trip you while you were going up the stairs. Also, he meowed constantly at night, so you had trouble getting to sleep.

Today, you were sitting on the couch, looking at a photo that was taken a long time ago. It was you, your older sister, and your first cat, Papyrus. Papyrus was an orange tabby cat, and he loved you and your sister. He loved to cuddle with you two, and he would even play with you. Unfortunately, he died from cancer when he was 13 years old. You and your sister were beside him the whole time, even when he passed away, you stayed by him during his final moments.

You missed him, and you missed your sister. She had gone to become a veteran in the military. They would help pay your medical insurance bills, so she decided to take it up. But, she had to leave you alone.
The reason you got Sans was because since you stayed beside your dying cat who had cancer, you wanted a cat who would stay by you if you were going to die, too.

You looked at the photo. You were hugging Papyrus, your sister was holding the camera up, and the three of you were all smiling. Even Papyrus was. You started to cry. This picture was your warmest memory, and you couldn't form any new ones like this. You cried, and then hugged the photo. You heard Sans come into the room, but ignored him. He froze when he saw you crying.