Underfell! Papyrus x Werewolf! Reader

~A/N~ So, just a heads up. The way the reader is in this one shot as a werewolf, is kind of like the werewolves from Twilight. They can shift at any time (not just when the full moon is out), and when they shift, they shift, they either look full human, or full wolf. 
Also, this story was kind of inspired by an animation I found on YouTube, but I can't remember the name of it.

Bears had repopulated rabidly over the last spring, and started coming into the city to raid trash cans. The animal protection group sought to capture most of the bears and transport them to a better home, but a lot of the citizens grew scared, and placed bear traps around the forest... which is wear you lived.  But, since you were a werewolf, you were two times the size of a normal wolf, and could fight off bears on your own.

The bear traps were easy to notice, and you would set them off by dropping sticks or rocks on them. You disliked the bears presence, but hated traps. 

Also, there had been recent news of monsters coming out of a mountain, and living on the edge of the city. They were quite aggressive to the human race, and were placed on the edge of the city until they became more civilized and could live along side humans more peacefully. However, while living on the edge of the city, they decided to come into the forest and take long, contemplating walks. This made you more rushed to drive the bears out of your territory to eventually drive the monsters out of it, too.

While you were chasing a mother bear and her two cubs away from your den, you heard something that sounded like arguing. The bears were already far enough out of your territory, so you decided to see what the commotion was about. You followed the sound and you saw two skeleton monsters walking along the main forest trail. They looked like they were fighting over something. Then you noticed a bear trap on the trail. It was partly covered in leaves, so they weren't gonna notice it time. You had to act fast, before one of them got hurt.

You jumped out onto the path, just a few feet away from the skeletons and the trap, and snarled. They stopped when they saw you. You had your ears pulled back, and your tail held high, showing that you were the alpha. 

The taller skeleton didn't think to back off, and summoned two weapons out of nothing. "GET OUT OF MY WAY, YOU OVERGROWN FUR-BALL!!" He demanded, taking a step forwards, closer to the trap. You quickly looked down at it, then back up at him. "Boss, we should get out of here." the shorter skeleton said. "Look at how big that wolf is! A-And we're clearly in it's territory." The tall one just shoved the shorter one away. "THIS IS MY FOREST! IF YOU WANT TO BE A COWARD AND RUN AWAY, THEN BE MY GUEST!" He yelled, turning back towards you, taking another step. 'This guy is crazy.' you thought. 'He's trying to engage in a fight that he clearly cannot win, and he's taking on a wolf what is bigger than a normal wolf, and bigger than himself.'

He was two steps away from the trap. 'Is it really worth risking my leg?' You asked yourself. You turned towards him, ready to charge. He readied his weapons, and took another step. If he stepped one more time, he was going to lose his leg. Given the fact that he was a skeleton, his bone would snap clean off since his had no muscle protection. 'Screw it.' you thought, then you charged at him.

Right before he took the last step, and hit you with his bones, you headbutted him, and your front right paw set the trap off on it. You yelped in pain, and fell to the ground after shoving the skeleton away. He turned to fight you again, but the shorter one grabbed his arm and pointed at the trap saying, "Boss, look!" The tall one looked and saw that your paw was caught in the trap. His eyes widened when he realized that you were trying to save him from the trap. 

You whined in pain, but snapped the chain that held the trap down in half with your jaws. Then began to limp as fast as you could away from them.

You were were unable to make it back to your den, and you plopped down next to a tree. You tried to pry the trap off, but you could do it with your paw or teeth. If it was your back leg, you could shift back and pry it off with your hands. But since it was your front paw, if you shifted back, you would badly damage your front hand, and possibly lose all use of it. And you didn't want that.

Suddenly, you heard a deep growl coming from in front of you. You thought it must be a badger, but it sounded way too deep. You slowly looked up to see the mother bear you had chased away earlier. She was clearly not happy that her cubs were in danger by you. You tried to stand, but you couldn't. Your leg nerves were in a lot of pain, and you had lost a lot of blood. You couldn't fight back like this, so you'd have to stand your ground and go down as a fighter. 

The bear stood up on it's back legs and roared, and you stood up on your three functioning legs, snarling and baring your teeth. The bear lifted a paw to smack you, and you stared it down in the eyes. But before it could hit you, a red blur came into your vision and struck the bears front legs. It roared in pain, and you looked back and saw the tall skeleton from before. He had thrown one of his weapons at the bear. He sprinted up and stood between you and the bear, readying his weapons. The bear tried to smack him with her paw, but he quickly dodged, and shoved her back with some strange magical force. The bear got back up, and quickly ran away. 

After the bear was gone, the skeleton turned around to face you. His weapons disappeared, but you kept your guard up, growling and baring your teeth. "Easy there, wolf." he said. He knelt down and reached out to the paw that had the trap on it. He slipped his fingers in between it, and then pried it open. You yelped in pain, but pulled your paw out of the traps, and he destroyed it with his weapons. You whined in pain, licking your wound. "Don't do that." he said, reaching out and taking your paw. You knew that licking the wound made it worse, but you were doing it to temporarily numb the pain a little bit. 

He tried to lift you, but you knew you were too big. "Stop." you said, surprising him. "You can talk?" He asked, surprised. You nodded and said, "I'm a werewolf." He didn't seem very convinced, so you shifted back into your human form. When you were done, you yelled in pain from your hand. He quickly picked you up, and dashed home.

After he got home, he rushed upstairs and put you on his bed, then retrieved the first-aid kit. He brought it back, and started to douse your hand in hydrogen peroxide. You yelled loudly in pain, and clutched your hand. Suddenly, his door busted open to reveal the shorter skeleton. "Papyrus, I heard a sc-" he stopped when he saw you. "SANS! GET OUT!" The taller one, or Papyrus, yelled.Then he shoved the shorter one, Sans, out of the room. He came back to you and then put antibiotics on the bandages, and wrapped them on your wound. You winced, but tried not to flinch to much. 

After bandaging and disinfecting your hand, your cheeks were stained with tear marks. Papyrus got you some tissues, and you wiped your cheeks and blew your nose. "Can I ask you something?" He asked. "Sure." you said, throwing the tissue away. "When you shoved me in the forest earlier, did you know that there was a trap there?" He asked. You sighed and said, "Yeah. I actually live in that forest, so I'm well aware of those traps, as well as the bears they're set up for. So, to protect myself, I've been driving the bears away, and disabling those traps. When I saw you and that other skeleton walking right up to one, I tried to make you turn back, or take another path. But you kept getting closer to it. So, I charged at you, and sacrificed my leg to keep you or that other monster from getting hurt." "But why?" He asked. "Well, mostly because I know what it's like to be trapped." you said. "I've been caught in traps like that one. It hurts a lot, and I knew that since you didn't have muscle cushion, you could have lost your leg."

He remained quiet for a while, then he spoke up again. "Would you like to live with me and my brother?" He asked. You looked up at him. Giving it some thought, you nodded. "Sure. It'll be nice to get away from those bears." you said.

It had been five months since you had moved in with the two skeleton monsters. You and Papyrus had gotten close over that time, and he asked you to be his girlfriend, which you happily accepted. So, over the course of the five months, you and Papyrus dated, and spent as much time as you could together.

Today, you and him were cuddling on the couch, and he was stroking your hair. You leaned against his rib cage, and made a purring sound. You reached up and gave his bottom jaw a little kiss. He was stunned for a moment, then he smiled and kissed you back. "I love you, (y/n)." he said. "I love you too, Papyrus." you replied. And the two of you spent the rest of the day cuddling and watching TV.