Chapter 1

I suppose I learned of my conception from the rumours that I'd heard growing up. My mother had slept with her sister's husband Vincent Phantomhive and soon 9 months later I was born. I was named after my grandmother and that seemed to really feed into the whispers. Many nobles looked upon my mother with scorn. She was a harlot, a disgusting temptress , a disgrace , and a homewrecker That's what they whispered behind closed doors. I being the bastard of the  harlot Madame Red was expected to follow in my mother's foot steps.  My father, Vincent taught me his ways. He taught me how to manipulate people with my looks, how to get information , and how to succeed. I used these wonderful tools to scrap my way to my current position as the Queen's butterfly. Such a high honor was given to the bastard of a harlot at only the young age of 14. Soon the ones who suspected me to fail tried to do anything to please me. For me and her personal guard were the only 2 people to be close to the queen on a regular basis. I lived in the palace as well. On December 14th a day that will live on in my memory as the cursed day  terrible news came to over shadow my days. A fire had spread at the Phantomhive Manor taking away the people I held dear with it.

The funeral was a sad affair. The queen took care of all of the expenses and had come to it herself. 
"I'm so sorry Cloudia. I know what it's like to lose family." She said to me. I nodded. "Thank you for your kind words my queen it lightens my mood a bit." I said to her. She smiled. " That makes me happy at least in these sad times." She said. I nodded. My mother came of course a bit late trying to be the center of attention. Yet she was wearing something that I thought a bit disrespectful a red wedding gown type of mourning dress and a hat with a veil. I felt embarrassed but I let it slide for I'd live with her long enough to know that this was her version of grieving. Soon we all entered the church and listened to the pastor say some words out of respect which caused some to cry and smile in remembrance of the departed. "Would anyone like to say any words?" The pastor asked. I got up and it seemed as though there was a silence that fell over everyone. I got up and stood at the podium not looking at anyone in particular. " . My aunt Rachel was a wonderful woman truly a Angel amongst mortals. She was always such a giving person , so warm hearted. Her smile could light up a city." I said. They all smiled nodding. "Ciel I loved him like he was my own little brother, he was so full of such happiness, and so inquisitative as well. It saddens me that I won't see him until we meet again in heaven with Rachel and Vincent." I said.
I felt myself tear up a bit.
"Vincent was truly a great man. He was creative, he was smart , he worked hard for this country that he loved very much. He was truly the father that I never had. He was there for me, just as he was for his comrades. There will never be a another man like Vincent Phantomhive." I said. Many clapped. "So it pains me that they have parted from this world. I know that we shall see them again and their memory will live on." I said and I walked off the podium to the Queen's side. She wiped stray tears that had escaped her eyes during my speech. After their service begun our walk to the graves. Mother stood at the front with the queen and Ash. I stood there feeling fine until they lowered the caskets into the dirt. All of the memories came to me making me feel tears spring to my eyes. A big part of me felt like this was all a dream like Daddy would wake me up and I'd be in his arms.  Tears soon burst from my eyes  for the reality of the situation had just now hit me and I was hugged by someone. I looked up and saw the familiar face of Undertaker. "Let it out dear." He said. I didn't hold back, I wailed into his robes in pain and deep loss. Undertaker didn't object at all. He held me until all my tears had practically dried up and my throat ached. I pulled away. "I'm sorry about your clothes Undertaker I'll-" I started to say. "It's alright love, you know I'm always here for you." He said. I smiled at him."And for that I'm greatful." I said feeling staring at my back. I turned and saw the queen looking at me. As soon as our eyes met she looked away.  The service was over and soon everyone began to leave except for the family.  It was time to read the will. We walked out into the garden and sat waiting. "What does it say?" My Aunt Francis cried in irritation. "Take your time Tanaka." I said to the old man. He smiled and nodded. He then began to unfold the paper from his jacket pocket and began to read.
"In the event of my death, I Vincent Phantomhive bequeath  my company, my wealth , my home, my staff , and my guard dog status to my oldest child and only daughter
Cloudia Anastasia Phantomhive. "

Tanaka read. I felt numb suddenly shocked. He'd left everything to me? Me? Sure I was his daughter but the responsibility he left to me shocked me. Yet I knew he trusted and loved me too much. I had his personality and a bit of my mother's fiery rebellion. Aunt Francis looked at me with a respectful glance. While Uncle Alexis looked shocked as well as my cousins. "I accept." I said. My mother smiled at my level headedness. Soon everyone began to leave. "Darling it's so sad what happened to your father. But he would've wanted you to have this if you were going to continue on the Phantomhive name." She said showing me my father's ring. I felt surprised and didn't question it. I put the ring on my thumb just like my father did. It was a little big on my thumb but I'll grown into it. "Thank you mother." I said quickly hugging her. It took her aback a little but she hugged me back. I felt scared for I thought that death would take her too and then I'd be truly alone.

Later that night.

"You should get some rest." I heard from my doorway. I was currently up and in my nightgown sitting at my fireplace. I turned as I recognized the voice to be Ash's. "I can't sleep, why are you here Ash?" I asked. "I'm simply concerned for you." He said. "Concerned? Oh my it must be a blood moon." I said sarcastically. "Fine I can see you don't want comp-" he started but I held his hand. " I do Ash. I  need a distraction from this horrible day." I said to him. He didn't turn around. "My father, his wife , and my young brother all gone in one night it's too much. I have no one to turn to, the queen is in a fit of despair because of her husband. You're alone , you have no one but the queen and myself. Yet you're not human I know. Truly the most holy of creatures are you." I said. He turned to me and I let go of his hand. Those amethyst colored eyes looked upon me with a strange unknown feeling in them. He opened his arms and I threw myself into them. He didn't say anything just held me.  I was content with just that and soon I felt sleepy. Ash seeing my tiredness lead me to my bed and laid me down tucking me in. "Sleep well my butterfly." He said caressing my face. I blushed and soon welcomed sleep entirely.
'I'll make you proud Father.' Were my last thoughts.

🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤
Boom look it's done! A very looooooong chapter. Lol I hope you all like it! Next chapters coming out soon.