Chapter 14

It had been 2 months since my mother's death. My work was a appreciated distraction. Ciel would drop in a few times, we'd talk and drink tea together. Darian played with his toys quietly on the floor. The servants still tried to cheer me up and every so often I'd give them a smile. The queen came almost frequently with Ash in tow. She had dotted on me too much. Saying sympathetic apologies and taking me on shopping trips where she bought me new things for my wardrobe. I was slowly starting to forget my sorrow and get back into my regular routine until..that damn letter came.
"Mistress a letter arrived for you." Sebastian voice said. I looked up from my case files. "Thank you Sebastian." I said and he passed me the letter. The golden wax seal on the letter is what took me aback.. the smell was oh so familiar..along with the beautiful cursive. I opened it my hands shaking a bit. I read the letter and I felt as if my heart had  stopped..
"Are you alright Mistress? You look pale." Sebastian said. 
"It's nothing please return it Sebastian." I said passing him the letter. "Are you sure Mistress?" He asked. I glared at him. "Is there something wrong with your ears? I said take it back." I growled angrily. Sebastian looked oddly amused at my anger. "Is this about your little secret?" He asked. That made me look at him shocked. "I won't tell anyone but I suggest that you  should go besides it's a ball." Sebastian said putting the letter down in front of me. I sighed he was a bit right. Yet would I be able to face my first love and their fiancè. That was the question..