Chapter 20

Cloudia's POV

I've only been in this town for 2
hours and I already hate it. Not only have I been terrified by some old woman with a dog skull in a baby carriage. I've also been leered and glared at by the villagers. I really just wanted to go home but I have a mission to do. As soon as we got to the baron's house however, I was shocked at what I was greeted with when I walked in.

Ash or should I or more accurately say Angela getting hit with a long wooden switch. " What the Hell is this I told you bring me the Queen's guard dog not this little chiahaua!" He yelled. I would've laughed out loud at what he called Ciel but I didn't care right now. I made my way over and grabbed the switch. He turned and glared at me but I matched his own. Challenging him to go again. "Who the hell are you? You groomed poodle?" He said angrily while I felt irritated.
"I am Cloudia Phantomhive, the Queen's Butterfly and I was sent here by her majesty herself. I will not tolerate you abusing someone who obviously doesn't deserve it." I said angrily. The Baron looked at me with a odd sense of respect and attraction..I wanted to vomit. I saw Meyrin help Angela up and lead her out of the room. I watched the whole time. Seeing him/her getting hurt like that, filled me with a unexplained rage! Yet I contained it, since I remembered my father's words and my mother's teachings.

'A Phantomhive must always keep a mask of emotion on when doing business.'

I took a deep breath to calm myself and turned to the Baron.
"Now let's get to it Baron."